Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Autism
What Is Autism?
Autism - Basics
Autism is the most severe form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), a scope of developmental disorders that impair social and communication skills and often cause repetitive, obsessive behaviors and patterns. The severity of autism ranges from mild to disabling, and other types include Asperger syndrome, Rett syndrome and pervasive developmental disorder.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Autism.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Autism Is Discussed
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Autism Treatments - Brain Inflammation and the Role of Sky Window Acupuncture Points from the Tam Healing System
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Autism?
Autism - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for autism that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with autism:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about autism? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan