Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Balanitis
What Is Balanitis?
Balanitis - Basics
Balanitis (balanoposthitis) is inflammation around the foreskin of the penis, most common in uncircumcised men. Contributing factors can range from hygiene, other skin disorders, diabetes, and contact dermatitis. Symptoms include pain, redness, and a foul-smelling discharge from under the foreskin.
What Patterns Are Related To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of balanitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of balanitis:Bladder Damp HeatLarge Intestine Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for balanitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with balanitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about balanitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums