Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Balanitis
What Is Balanitis?
Balanitis - Basics
Balanitis (balanoposthitis) is inflammation around the foreskin of the penis, most common in uncircumcised men. Contributing factors can range from hygiene, other skin disorders, diabetes, and contact dermatitis. Symptoms include pain, redness, and a foul-smelling discharge from under the foreskin.
What Patterns Are Related To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of balanitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of balanitis:Bladder Damp HeatLarge Intestine Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for balanitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with balanitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about balanitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia