Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Balanitis
What Is Balanitis?
Balanitis - Basics
Balanitis (balanoposthitis) is inflammation around the foreskin of the penis, most common in uncircumcised men. Contributing factors can range from hygiene, other skin disorders, diabetes, and contact dermatitis. Symptoms include pain, redness, and a foul-smelling discharge from under the foreskin.
What Patterns Are Related To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of balanitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of balanitis:Bladder Damp HeatLarge Intestine Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Balanitis?
Balanitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for balanitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with balanitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about balanitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14