Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Baldness (Hair Loss)
What Is Baldness (Hair Loss)?
Baldness (Hair Loss) - Basics
Hair loss can be attributed to several things, including anemia, cancer treatments, diet change, stress, hormonal fluctuation, certain hair products and medications, and others. Commonly, however, baldness can be linked to a form of alopecia. There are three types of alopecia: androgenetic, cicatricial or areata.
Androgenetic alopecia is commonly inherited and occurs in both men and women. In men, androgenetic alopecia causes the hair to thin at the crown of the head and eventually recede in an "M" pattern. Hair thinning is more diffuse in women, but generally does not progress to overall baldness. Cicatricial alopecia, also called scarring alopecia, attacks the hair follicles, causing the scalp to scar and prevent regrowth. Alopecia areata causes the hair on the scalp and other areas of the body to fall out in patches and can be linked to an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for baldness.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about baldness (hair loss)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions