Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Baldness (Hair Loss)
What Is Baldness (Hair Loss)?
Baldness (Hair Loss) - Basics
Hair loss can be attributed to several things, including anemia, cancer treatments, diet change, stress, hormonal fluctuation, certain hair products and medications, and others. Commonly, however, baldness can be linked to a form of alopecia. There are three types of alopecia: androgenetic, cicatricial or areata.
Androgenetic alopecia is commonly inherited and occurs in both men and women. In men, androgenetic alopecia causes the hair to thin at the crown of the head and eventually recede in an "M" pattern. Hair thinning is more diffuse in women, but generally does not progress to overall baldness. Cicatricial alopecia, also called scarring alopecia, attacks the hair follicles, causing the scalp to scar and prevent regrowth. Alopecia areata causes the hair on the scalp and other areas of the body to fall out in patches and can be linked to an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for baldness.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about baldness (hair loss)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan