Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Baldness (Hair Loss)
What Is Baldness (Hair Loss)?
Baldness (Hair Loss) - Basics
Hair loss can be attributed to several things, including anemia, cancer treatments, diet change, stress, hormonal fluctuation, certain hair products and medications, and others. Commonly, however, baldness can be linked to a form of alopecia. There are three types of alopecia: androgenetic, cicatricial or areata.
Androgenetic alopecia is commonly inherited and occurs in both men and women. In men, androgenetic alopecia causes the hair to thin at the crown of the head and eventually recede in an "M" pattern. Hair thinning is more diffuse in women, but generally does not progress to overall baldness. Cicatricial alopecia, also called scarring alopecia, attacks the hair follicles, causing the scalp to scar and prevent regrowth. Alopecia areata causes the hair on the scalp and other areas of the body to fall out in patches and can be linked to an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for baldness.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about baldness (hair loss)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums