Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bipolar Disorder (BD)
What Is Bipolar Disorder (BD)?
Bipolar Disorder (BD) - Basics
People with Bipolar Disorder (also called manic-depressive illness) experience irregular shifts in mood, energy and activity due to an abnormality in the brain. Bipolar disorder generally presents in the late teens or early adult years, and is characterized by elevated emotional mood episodes. These periods can be ones of euphoria and hyper excitement (manic episodes), extreme sadness or despair (depressive episodes), or a mix of both (mixed state).
Changes that may accompany a manic episode include feelings of extreme happiness and/or irritability, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, impulsive behavior, exaggerated belief in one's abilities, and increased outgoing attitude. Symptoms that accompany a depressive mood may include prolonged anxiety, restlessness, irritability, loss of interest in once-pleasurable activities, memory problems, changes in sleeping or eating habits, and thoughts of death or suicide. Symptoms of bipolar disorder can be severe and interfere with an individual's daily life.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Bipolar Disorder (BD).
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Bipolar Disorder (BD)?
Bipolar Disorder (BD) - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with bipolar disorder (bd):
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bipolar Disorder (BD)?
Bipolar Disorder (BD) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bipolar disorder (bd) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bipolar disorder (bd):
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Bipolar Disorder (BD)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Bipolar Disorder (BD)
Bu Nao Wan (Brain Supplementing Pills)
- A range of psychiatric, cognitive decline, trauma issues - benefit and clears the brain, transforms phlegm and tonifies kidney qi and the blood.
- Often used for both general cognitive decline/dementia, disorientation, etc. - but also useful when mixed with more anxiety, insomnia and/or emotional outbursts from confusion.
- Generally, particularly when deficiency and phlegm exist for anxiety, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, manic states.
Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula)
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bipolar disorder (bd)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps