Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Blepharitis
What Is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Basics
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelid which in most cases will affect tear production and/or the functioning of the eyelids.
What Patterns Are Related To Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of blepharitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of blepharitis:Liver WindLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for blepharitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with blepharitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about blepharitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums