Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Blepharitis
What Is Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Basics
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelid which in most cases will affect tear production and/or the functioning of the eyelids.
What Patterns Are Related To Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of blepharitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of blepharitis:Liver WindLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Blepharitis?
Blepharitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for blepharitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with blepharitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about blepharitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums