Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Blepharospasm
What Is Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Basics
Blepharospasm is an involuntary spasm or blinking of the eyelid. From a western perspective it is associated with an abnormal function of the basal ganglion, but the cause is unkown. Stress, allergies, and other factors seem to possibly be related.
What Patterns Are Related To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of blepharospasm generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of blepharospasm:Liver WindLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for blepharospasm that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with blepharospasm:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about blepharospasm? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14