Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Blepharospasm
What Is Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Basics
Blepharospasm is an involuntary spasm or blinking of the eyelid. From a western perspective it is associated with an abnormal function of the basal ganglion, but the cause is unkown. Stress, allergies, and other factors seem to possibly be related.
What Patterns Are Related To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of blepharospasm generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of blepharospasm:Liver WindLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for blepharospasm that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with blepharospasm:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about blepharospasm? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums