Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Blepharospasm
What Is Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Basics
Blepharospasm is an involuntary spasm or blinking of the eyelid. From a western perspective it is associated with an abnormal function of the basal ganglion, but the cause is unkown. Stress, allergies, and other factors seem to possibly be related.
What Patterns Are Related To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of blepharospasm generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of blepharospasm:Liver WindLung Wind Invasion - Wind Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Blepharospasm?
Blepharospasm - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for blepharospasm that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with blepharospasm:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about blepharospasm? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums