Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bone Spur
What Is Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Basics
Bone spurs (or osteophytes) are outgrowths of bones, generally as a result of inflammation, tension and/or injury in an area, but also from other causative conditions such as arthritis.
What Patterns Are Related To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bone spur generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bone spur:Kidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bone spur that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bone spur:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bone spur? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia