Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bone Spur
What Is Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Basics
Bone spurs (or osteophytes) are outgrowths of bones, generally as a result of inflammation, tension and/or injury in an area, but also from other causative conditions such as arthritis.
What Patterns Are Related To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bone spur generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bone spur:Kidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bone spur that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bone spur:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bone spur? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)
- Emphysema healed