Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bone Spur
What Is Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Basics
Bone spurs (or osteophytes) are outgrowths of bones, generally as a result of inflammation, tension and/or injury in an area, but also from other causative conditions such as arthritis.
What Patterns Are Related To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bone spur generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bone spur:Kidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bone spur that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bone spur:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bone spur? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan