Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bone Spur
What Is Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Basics
Bone spurs (or osteophytes) are outgrowths of bones, generally as a result of inflammation, tension and/or injury in an area, but also from other causative conditions such as arthritis.
What Patterns Are Related To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bone spur generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bone spur:Kidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bone spur that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bone spur:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bone spur? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines