Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bone Spur
What Is Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Basics
Bone spurs (or osteophytes) are outgrowths of bones, generally as a result of inflammation, tension and/or injury in an area, but also from other causative conditions such as arthritis.
What Patterns Are Related To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bone spur generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bone spur:Kidney Qi DeficiencyLiver Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bone Spur?
Bone Spur - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bone spur that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bone spur:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bone spur? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums