Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Breech Position
What Is Breech Position?
Breech Position - Basics
A fetus is in breech position when his or her bottom is the closest part of the body to the birth canal. There are three types of breech position: complete, frank and incomplete. The fetus is considered to be in complete breech when its bottom and both feet are closest to the birth canal and both knees are bent. If the fetus is in frank breech, both legs are folded against the head, and the bottom is closest to the birth canal. In incomplete breech, one knee is bent, and the bottom and one foot are closest to the birth canal.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Breech Position.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Breech Position Is Discussed
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Breech Position?
Breech Position - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with breech position:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Breech Position?
Breech Position - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for breech position that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with breech position:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about breech position? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps