Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums