Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Bulimia Nervosa Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums