Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Bulimia Nervosa Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums