Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums