Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums