Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums