Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture found to improve recovery of patients with heart failure
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums