Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bulimia Nervosa
What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Basics
Individuals with bulimia nervosa engage in cycles of binge-eating alternating with self-induced vomiting or starvation to prevent weight gain. The purging behavior may involve the abuse of laxatives, diuretics or excessive vomiting.
What Patterns Are Related To Bulimia Nervosa?
Bulimia Nervosa - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bulimia nervosa generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bulimia nervosa:Heart Blood DeficiencySpleen Blood Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Electro Acupuncture Helpful to Reduce Post-Operative Pain Following Spinal Surgery
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bulimia nervosa? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia