Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bunion
What Is Bunion?
Bunion - Basics
A bunion, or "hallux valgas", is a bone growth at the big toe which causes pain, redness and swelling in the area. They tend to be the result of years of abnormal motion and pressure that pushes the big toe towards the other toes.
What Patterns Are Related To Bunion?
Bunion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bunion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bunion:Kidney Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bunion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums