Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bunion
What Is Bunion?
Bunion - Basics
A bunion, or "hallux valgas", is a bone growth at the big toe which causes pain, redness and swelling in the area. They tend to be the result of years of abnormal motion and pressure that pushes the big toe towards the other toes.
What Patterns Are Related To Bunion?
Bunion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bunion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bunion:Kidney Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bunion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums