Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bunion
What Is Bunion?
Bunion - Basics
A bunion, or "hallux valgas", is a bone growth at the big toe which causes pain, redness and swelling in the area. They tend to be the result of years of abnormal motion and pressure that pushes the big toe towards the other toes.
What Patterns Are Related To Bunion?
Bunion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bunion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bunion:Kidney Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bunion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums