Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bunion
What Is Bunion?
Bunion - Basics
A bunion, or "hallux valgas", is a bone growth at the big toe which causes pain, redness and swelling in the area. They tend to be the result of years of abnormal motion and pressure that pushes the big toe towards the other toes.
What Patterns Are Related To Bunion?
Bunion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bunion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bunion:Kidney Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bunion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums