Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bunion
What Is Bunion?
Bunion - Basics
A bunion, or "hallux valgas", is a bone growth at the big toe which causes pain, redness and swelling in the area. They tend to be the result of years of abnormal motion and pressure that pushes the big toe towards the other toes.
What Patterns Are Related To Bunion?
Bunion - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of bunion generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of bunion:Kidney Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bunion? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums