Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Burns
What Is Burns?
Burns - Basics
A burn is damage to the skin tissue caused by chemicals, heat, nuclear radiation, sunlight or electricity. Burns are classified into three major categories: First-degree burns affect the skin's outermost layer, the epidermis; second-degree burns penetrate the epidermis and dermis (the layer of skin underneath the epidermis); and damage from third-degree burns penetrate completely through the skin and can affect underlying tissues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for burns.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Burns Is Discussed
- A Discussion of the Five Element Theory and Applications to Life - Seasons, Diet, Relations and Wellbeing
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Burns
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about burns? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums