Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Burns
What Is Burns?
Burns - Basics
A burn is damage to the skin tissue caused by chemicals, heat, nuclear radiation, sunlight or electricity. Burns are classified into three major categories: First-degree burns affect the skin's outermost layer, the epidermis; second-degree burns penetrate the epidermis and dermis (the layer of skin underneath the epidermis); and damage from third-degree burns penetrate completely through the skin and can affect underlying tissues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for burns.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Burns Is Discussed
- A Discussion of the Five Element Theory and Applications to Life - Seasons, Diet, Relations and Wellbeing
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Burns
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about burns? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums