Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Burns
What Is Burns?
Burns - Basics
A burn is damage to the skin tissue caused by chemicals, heat, nuclear radiation, sunlight or electricity. Burns are classified into three major categories: First-degree burns affect the skin's outermost layer, the epidermis; second-degree burns penetrate the epidermis and dermis (the layer of skin underneath the epidermis); and damage from third-degree burns penetrate completely through the skin and can affect underlying tissues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for burns.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Burns Is Discussed
- A Discussion of the Five Element Theory and Applications to Life - Seasons, Diet, Relations and Wellbeing
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Burns
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about burns? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums