Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Burns
What Is Burns?
Burns - Basics
A burn is damage to the skin tissue caused by chemicals, heat, nuclear radiation, sunlight or electricity. Burns are classified into three major categories: First-degree burns affect the skin's outermost layer, the epidermis; second-degree burns penetrate the epidermis and dermis (the layer of skin underneath the epidermis); and damage from third-degree burns penetrate completely through the skin and can affect underlying tissues.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for burns.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Burns Is Discussed
- A Discussion of the Five Element Theory and Applications to Life - Seasons, Diet, Relations and Wellbeing
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Burns
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about burns? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums