Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Bursitis
What Is Bursitis?
Bursitis - Basics
Bursitis occurs when a bursa, a small sac that cushions the bone from other body parts (such as the skin and muscles) swells. This is generally caused by an injury to the joint or by overusing a joint, and usually occurs at the knee or elbow.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Bursitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Want To Avoid Another Stroke? Utilize Acupuncture... (Study)
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Bursitis?
Bursitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for bursitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with bursitis:
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Bursitis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about bursitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums