Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Canker Sores (Cold Sores)
What Is Canker Sores (Cold Sores)?
Canker Sores (Cold Sores) - Basics
Canker Sores are a type of open ulcer in the mouth, which have a white or yellowish head. Beginning as a burning sensation in the gums, tongue, or inner lining of the lips or cheeks, canker sores can be the sign of a weak immune system or stress. Other causes include hormones, menstruation, vitamin deficiency and/or allergies.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Canker Sores.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Canker Sores (Cold Sores)?
Canker Sores (Cold Sores) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for canker sores (cold sores) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with canker sores (cold sores):
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Canker Sores (Cold Sores)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Canker Sores (Cold Sores)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Canker Sores (Cold Sores)
Jing Fang Bai Du Wan (Schizonepeta and Siler Powder to Overcome Pathogenic Influences)
- Early stages of disease arising from wind cold damp - common cold, flu, bronchitis, mumps.
- Early stages of skin diseases - boils, carbuncles, eczema, dermatitis with the right underlying factors.
- Mastitis arising from cold/damp.
- Avoid with issues arising from wind-heat, possibly yin qiao would be far more suitable.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about canker sores (cold sores)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14