Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)
What Is Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Basics
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition in which the heart becomes enlarged and weakened. This decreases the heart function and causes it to be less able to pump blood efficiently. Dilated Cardiomyopathy can be caused by alcohol abuse, heart rhythm problems, autoimmune illnesses, Coronary Artery disease, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, HIV infection, Chagas disease, and Lyme disease, and stress.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Dilated Cardiomyopathy
What Patterns Are Related To Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cardiomyopathy (dilated) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cardiomyopathy (dilated):Blood StagnationHeart Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cardiomyopathy (dilated) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cardiomyopathy (dilated):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cardiomyopathy (dilated)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points