Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)
What Is Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Basics
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition in which the heart becomes enlarged and weakened. This decreases the heart function and causes it to be less able to pump blood efficiently. Dilated Cardiomyopathy can be caused by alcohol abuse, heart rhythm problems, autoimmune illnesses, Coronary Artery disease, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, HIV infection, Chagas disease, and Lyme disease, and stress.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Dilated Cardiomyopathy
What Patterns Are Related To Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cardiomyopathy (dilated) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cardiomyopathy (dilated):Blood StagnationHeart Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cardiomyopathy (Dilated)?
Cardiomyopathy (Dilated) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cardiomyopathy (dilated) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cardiomyopathy (dilated):
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cardiomyopathy (dilated)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums