Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Basics
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve (which controls movement and sensation on the palm side of the thumb and most of the fingers) becomes compressed inside the carpal tunnel, a corridor which houses the nerve. Symptoms include tingling sensation or numbness in the hand and/or fingers, pain that radiates from the wrist up the arm, and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with carpal tunnel syndrome (cts):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about carpal tunnel syndrome (cts)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums