Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Basics
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve (which controls movement and sensation on the palm side of the thumb and most of the fingers) becomes compressed inside the carpal tunnel, a corridor which houses the nerve. Symptoms include tingling sensation or numbness in the hand and/or fingers, pain that radiates from the wrist up the arm, and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with carpal tunnel syndrome (cts):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about carpal tunnel syndrome (cts)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse