Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Basics
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve (which controls movement and sensation on the palm side of the thumb and most of the fingers) becomes compressed inside the carpal tunnel, a corridor which houses the nerve. Symptoms include tingling sensation or numbness in the hand and/or fingers, pain that radiates from the wrist up the arm, and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with carpal tunnel syndrome (cts):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about carpal tunnel syndrome (cts)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.
- Nasal carcinoma TCM treatment
- shu gan wan formula
- Slippery pulse with blood deficiency
- Insomnia treating with entry / exit points