Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Basics
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve (which controls movement and sensation on the palm side of the thumb and most of the fingers) becomes compressed inside the carpal tunnel, a corridor which houses the nerve. Symptoms include tingling sensation or numbness in the hand and/or fingers, pain that radiates from the wrist up the arm, and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with carpal tunnel syndrome (cts):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about carpal tunnel syndrome (cts)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)