Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Basics
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when the median nerve (which controls movement and sensation on the palm side of the thumb and most of the fingers) becomes compressed inside the carpal tunnel, a corridor which houses the nerve. Symptoms include tingling sensation or numbness in the hand and/or fingers, pain that radiates from the wrist up the arm, and swelling.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Need Focus and Impulse Control? - Practice Tai Chi
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with carpal tunnel syndrome (cts):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about carpal tunnel syndrome (cts)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan