Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cataracts
What Is Cataracts?
Cataracts - Basics
Cataracts become quite common in people over the age of 40. They are a primary cause of blindness around the world. There are 3 main types, subcapsular (back of the lense, more common with diabetes), nuclear (in the nucleus of the lens, primarily aging related), and cortical (periphery of the lense). They generally start out small and patients will notice a minor cloudy effect initially until symptoms worsen. Chinese Medicine works primarily to limit the causal factors of the development of cataracts, surgically removing existing ones when appropriate is a useful approach for those already formed.
What Patterns Are Related To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cataracts generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cataracts:Liver Blood DeficiencyLiver Blood StagnationLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Lavender Oil Massage Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cataracts that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cataracts:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Cataracts
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cataracts? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Question regarding acupuncture for emergency
- Iron constipation
- Neuro Muscular Distrophy"
- What are the points for infected boils please?
- Polyps (nasal) treatment with herbs
- Heavily rhinitis problem
- Xiao Yao san and Gui pi tan taken together with antidepressants and anxiolitic drugs
- CHAPPED LIPS, chronic
- She Xiang used?
- Auto immune disease