Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cataracts
What Is Cataracts?
Cataracts - Basics
Cataracts become quite common in people over the age of 40. They are a primary cause of blindness around the world. There are 3 main types, subcapsular (back of the lense, more common with diabetes), nuclear (in the nucleus of the lens, primarily aging related), and cortical (periphery of the lense). They generally start out small and patients will notice a minor cloudy effect initially until symptoms worsen. Chinese Medicine works primarily to limit the causal factors of the development of cataracts, surgically removing existing ones when appropriate is a useful approach for those already formed.
What Patterns Are Related To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cataracts generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cataracts:Liver Blood DeficiencyLiver Blood StagnationLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cataracts that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cataracts:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Cataracts
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cataracts? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse