Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cataracts
What Is Cataracts?
Cataracts - Basics
Cataracts become quite common in people over the age of 40. They are a primary cause of blindness around the world. There are 3 main types, subcapsular (back of the lense, more common with diabetes), nuclear (in the nucleus of the lens, primarily aging related), and cortical (periphery of the lense). They generally start out small and patients will notice a minor cloudy effect initially until symptoms worsen. Chinese Medicine works primarily to limit the causal factors of the development of cataracts, surgically removing existing ones when appropriate is a useful approach for those already formed.
What Patterns Are Related To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cataracts generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cataracts:Liver Blood DeficiencyLiver Blood StagnationLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cataracts?
Cataracts - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cataracts that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cataracts:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Cataracts
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cataracts? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)