Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Celiac Disease
What Is Celiac Disease?
Celiac Disease - Basics
Celiac Disease is a hereditary condition that prevents proper digestion of gluten, a protein found in barley, rye and wheat. When a person with Celiac Disease eats something with gluten, they experience damage to the stomach lining, which over time can prevent the body from absorbing nutrients. This can lead to malnutrition, infertility, anemia and other health issues if the individual does not switch to a gluten-free diet. Symptoms of Celiac Disease include stomach pain, weight loss, diarrhea, mood changes and fatigue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Celiac Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Celiac Disease Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Celiac Disease?
Celiac Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for celiac disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with celiac disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about celiac disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan