Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Celiac Disease
What Is Celiac Disease?
Celiac Disease - Basics
Celiac Disease is a hereditary condition that prevents proper digestion of gluten, a protein found in barley, rye and wheat. When a person with Celiac Disease eats something with gluten, they experience damage to the stomach lining, which over time can prevent the body from absorbing nutrients. This can lead to malnutrition, infertility, anemia and other health issues if the individual does not switch to a gluten-free diet. Symptoms of Celiac Disease include stomach pain, weight loss, diarrhea, mood changes and fatigue.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Celiac Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Celiac Disease Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Acupuncture Outperforms Flunarizine for Migraine Prevention
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Celiac Disease?
Celiac Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for celiac disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with celiac disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about celiac disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums