Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cerebral Palsy
What Is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy - Basics
Cerebral palsy refers to any one of a number of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or early childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle coordination but don’t worsen over time. Even though cerebral palsy affects muscle movement, it isn’t caused by problems in the muscles or nerves. It is caused by abnormalities in parts of the brain that control muscle movements.
What Patterns Are Related To Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cerebral palsy generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cerebral palsy:Kidney Jing Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Cerebral Palsy Is Discussed
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Study Finds Acupuncture Bloodletting Superior to Penicillin for Acute Tonsillitis in Children
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cerebral palsy that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cerebral palsy:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cerebral palsy? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms