Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Colon Cancer
What Is Colon Cancer?
Colon Cancer - Basics
Colon cancer occurs when extra tissue inside the colon (the longest section of the large intestine) amasses to form a cancerous growth. This growth, or tumor, can spread to other organs through the lymph nodes. Symptoms of colon cancer include diarrhea, constipation, unexplained weight loss, fatigue, having blood in the stool, bloating, having stools that are narrower than normal, and frequent cramps.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Colon Cancer.
What Patterns Are Related To Colon Cancer?
Colon Cancer - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of colon cancer generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of colon cancer:Kidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLarge Intestine Damp HeatLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Colon Cancer
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Colon Cancer
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Colon Cancer
Da Huang Mu Dan Pi Wan (Rhubarb and Moutan Combination)
- Breaks up heat, moves blood stagnation and reduces swelling, release through the bowels - appendicitis, lower abdominal distension with pain, intestinal abscesses, hemorrhoids.
- Post surgical infections, particularly in the colon and/or lower warmer.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Groin pain relieved by flexing hip and without urinary difficulty (but with symptoms similar to a UTI).
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- As this formula will cause looser stools use with caution in deficient and/or elderly patients.
- Used for general appendicitis - avoid in infant appendicitis, or appendicitis with necrosis, peritonitis and/or parasites.
Xiao Chai Hu Tang Wan (Minor Bupleurum Decoction)
- Shao Yang Syndrome (or "lesser yang stage") - alternating fever and chills, hypochondriac pain, irritability, bitter taste in mouth, poor appetite, nausea. Often used for illnesses (chronic or short-term) such as the flu, etc. that have "cleared" but not completely. People will describe not feeling quite right or having a range of low level symptoms for months or longer after a particular illness. Instead of fever and chills alternating they may manifest with cold extremities and warm interior or other variations.
- A range of liver related conditions including malaria, jaundice, hepatitis, liver cancer, meniere's disease, general protection from medicines that may harm the liver, etc. among issues with other digestive organs - pancreatitis, stomatitis, gastritis.
- Liver/speen disharmonies resulting in broader issues such as depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularities (PMS, cramping, etc.).
- Other general immune issues such as the common cold, flu, tonsillitis, general seasonal allergies with the right underlying factors.
- Use with caution with yin and/or blood deficiencies.
- Avoid cold, raw, and spicy foods while taking xiao chai hu tang.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about colon cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions