Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Coma
What Is Coma?
Coma - Basics
A coma is a deep state of unconsciousness where an individual is alive but unable to move or respond to his or her environment. People may come out of a coma with physical, intellectual, and psychological problems.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Coma.
What Patterns Are Related To Coma?
Coma - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of coma generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of coma:Blood StagnationKidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver FireLiver WindLiver Yin DeficiencyLiver and Gallbladder Damp HeatShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Coma Is Discussed
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
- Stroke Rehabilitation with Acupuncture, Tuina, and Tong Ren Therapy
- Basic Theory of Tong Ren Therapy by Tom Tam
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Coma?
Coma - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for coma that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with coma:
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Coma
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Coma
An Gong Niu Huang Wan (Calm The Palace Pill With Cattle Gallstone)
- Resuscitates, clears heat, calms shen, and expels phelgm - coma arising from stroke, convulsions, loss of consciousness.
- Do not take this formula when pregnant.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about coma? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points