Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Coronary Artery Disease
What Is Coronary Artery Disease?
Coronary Artery Disease - Basics
Coronary Artery Disease is the most common form of heart failure, in which the heart can no longer pump enough blood to the rest of the body. It is caused by a a narrowing of the small blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to the heart.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Coronary Artery Disease
What Patterns Are Related To Coronary Artery Disease?
Coronary Artery Disease - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of coronary artery disease generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of coronary artery disease:Blood StagnationHeart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yang CollapseHeart Yang DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyLung Qi DeficiencyLung Yin DeficiencyStomach Qi DeficiencyStomach Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Coronary Artery Disease?
Coronary Artery Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for coronary artery disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with coronary artery disease:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Coronary Artery Disease
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Coronary Artery Disease
Huang Qi Gui Zhi Wu Wu Wan (Astragalus and Cinnamon Twig Five Herb Decoction)
- Common with blood deficient patterns for dispersing interior cold, xue bi, (blood painful obstruction), generally manifesting as numbness of the extremities. With the appropriate underlying patterns - shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain.
- Diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, conditions such as raynaud's with the right underlying factors, frostbite.
- Facial paralysis, post-stroke recovery.
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Certain cardiovascular issues, heart disease.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about coronary artery disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums