Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystic Fibrosis
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis - Basics
Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that affects the secretory glands, commonly causing mucus in the body to thicken and sweat to become salty. Thick mucus can easily build up and give way to bacterial growth, which leads to infection--commonly in the lungs and pancreas. Over time, people with CF experience severe damage to the lungs due to infections, and difficulty absorbing nutrients due to lack of digestive enzymes, which the pancreas produces. Salty sweat in individuals with cystic fibrosis can lead to fatigue, dehydration, increased heart rate and low blood pressure. Cystic fibrosis also heightens the risk of diabetes and osteoporosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystic Fibrosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystic fibrosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.
- Nasal carcinoma TCM treatment
- shu gan wan formula
- Slippery pulse with blood deficiency
- Insomnia treating with entry / exit points