Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystic Fibrosis
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis - Basics
Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that affects the secretory glands, commonly causing mucus in the body to thicken and sweat to become salty. Thick mucus can easily build up and give way to bacterial growth, which leads to infection--commonly in the lungs and pancreas. Over time, people with CF experience severe damage to the lungs due to infections, and difficulty absorbing nutrients due to lack of digestive enzymes, which the pancreas produces. Salty sweat in individuals with cystic fibrosis can lead to fatigue, dehydration, increased heart rate and low blood pressure. Cystic fibrosis also heightens the risk of diabetes and osteoporosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystic Fibrosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Electroacupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis Found Effective - High Intensity Better Than Low
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystic fibrosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Clearing Personal Space of intrusions
- Stomach meridian? Stagnation / skin issues face
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Point location for extra point
- Stomach problems
- Massage and acupuncture
- How to treat Harmone imbalance in acupuncture
- Black stool indigestion
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge