Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystic Fibrosis
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis - Basics
Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that affects the secretory glands, commonly causing mucus in the body to thicken and sweat to become salty. Thick mucus can easily build up and give way to bacterial growth, which leads to infection--commonly in the lungs and pancreas. Over time, people with CF experience severe damage to the lungs due to infections, and difficulty absorbing nutrients due to lack of digestive enzymes, which the pancreas produces. Salty sweat in individuals with cystic fibrosis can lead to fatigue, dehydration, increased heart rate and low blood pressure. Cystic fibrosis also heightens the risk of diabetes and osteoporosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystic Fibrosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Anxiety With Your Visit to the Dentist? Auricular Acupuncture Shown To Help...
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystic fibrosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)