Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystic Fibrosis
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis - Basics
Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that affects the secretory glands, commonly causing mucus in the body to thicken and sweat to become salty. Thick mucus can easily build up and give way to bacterial growth, which leads to infection--commonly in the lungs and pancreas. Over time, people with CF experience severe damage to the lungs due to infections, and difficulty absorbing nutrients due to lack of digestive enzymes, which the pancreas produces. Salty sweat in individuals with cystic fibrosis can lead to fatigue, dehydration, increased heart rate and low blood pressure. Cystic fibrosis also heightens the risk of diabetes and osteoporosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystic Fibrosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystic fibrosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Inflammed cracked calloused feet
- Hot and full ears
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux