Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystic Fibrosis
What Is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis - Basics
Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that affects the secretory glands, commonly causing mucus in the body to thicken and sweat to become salty. Thick mucus can easily build up and give way to bacterial growth, which leads to infection--commonly in the lungs and pancreas. Over time, people with CF experience severe damage to the lungs due to infections, and difficulty absorbing nutrients due to lack of digestive enzymes, which the pancreas produces. Salty sweat in individuals with cystic fibrosis can lead to fatigue, dehydration, increased heart rate and low blood pressure. Cystic fibrosis also heightens the risk of diabetes and osteoporosis.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystic Fibrosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Reduction of Insulin Sensitivity from Acupuncture in Diabetes and Obesity
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Acupuncture Anesthesia Research
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acupuncture effective for Bell's Palsy - Peripheral Facial Paralysis
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystic fibrosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia