Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystitis
What Is Cystitis?
Cystitis - Basics
Cystitis is characterized by pain and discomfort of the bladder, and is caused by an infection. Symptoms include frequent urination and urge to urinate, as well as tenderness, pressure and pain in the pelvic region.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystitis.
What Patterns Are Related To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cystitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cystitis:Bladder Damp HeatLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cystitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cystitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions