Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystitis
What Is Cystitis?
Cystitis - Basics
Cystitis is characterized by pain and discomfort of the bladder, and is caused by an infection. Symptoms include frequent urination and urge to urinate, as well as tenderness, pressure and pain in the pelvic region.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystitis.
What Patterns Are Related To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cystitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cystitis:Bladder Damp HeatLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cystitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cystitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Varicocele grade 3
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang