Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystitis
What Is Cystitis?
Cystitis - Basics
Cystitis is characterized by pain and discomfort of the bladder, and is caused by an infection. Symptoms include frequent urination and urge to urinate, as well as tenderness, pressure and pain in the pelvic region.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystitis.
What Patterns Are Related To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cystitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cystitis:Bladder Damp HeatLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cystitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cystitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums