Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Cystitis
What Is Cystitis?
Cystitis - Basics
Cystitis is characterized by pain and discomfort of the bladder, and is caused by an infection. Symptoms include frequent urination and urge to urinate, as well as tenderness, pressure and pain in the pelvic region.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Cystitis.
What Patterns Are Related To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of cystitis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of cystitis:Bladder Damp HeatLiver FireLiver and Gallbladder Damp Heat
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Do Men and Women Respond Differently To Acupuncture? And What Does It Mean?
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Cystitis?
Cystitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for cystitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with cystitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about cystitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia