Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Deafness (Hearing Loss)
What Is Deafness (Hearing Loss)?
Deafness (Hearing Loss) - Basics
Several factors can affect a person's hearing including trauma, aging, hereditary predisposition, certain medications or long exposure to loud sounds. There are two major types of hearing loss--sensorineura and conductive. When an individual's auditory nerve is damaged, they experience sensorineura hearing loss, which is permanent. If a person has conductive hearing loss, sound waves cannot reach the inner ear due to a blockage of ear wax, fluid or a punctured eardrum.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for deafness.
What Patterns Are Related To Deafness (Hearing Loss)?
Deafness (Hearing Loss) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of deafness (hearing loss) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of deafness (hearing loss):Blood StagnationKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Acupuncture Helpful for Simple Obesity (Weight Loss)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Deafness (Hearing Loss)?
Deafness (Hearing Loss) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for deafness (hearing loss) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with deafness (hearing loss):
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Deafness (Hearing Loss)
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Deafness (Hearing Loss)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Deafness (Hearing Loss)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Deafness (Hearing Loss)
Long Dan Xie Gan Wan (Gentiana Purge Liver Formula)
- Hypochondriac pain, bitter taste in the mouth, irritability, easily angered, headache, dizziness, red, and possibly sore, eyes resulting from liver fire rising.
- Urinary symptoms such as painful, hot urination perhaps with swollen genitalia, dark and/or turbid urine from damp heat accumulation in the lower jiao.
- Leukorrhea of yellow color with a strong odor.
- Not for long term use.
- Not for patients who present with yin, yang, and/or blood deficiency.
- Use with caution with patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about deafness (hearing loss)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums