Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
What Is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)?
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) - Basics
Deep Vein Thrombosis is a blood clot that forms commonly in the lower leg or thigh, causing pain, swelling and discoloration of the leg. The clot becomes an embolus when it breaks off and enters the blood stream. This can lead to complications if the clot travels to a vital organ and cuts off blood flow. A pulmonary embolism occurs when the clot travels to the lungs, potentially causing severe damage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Qing Dai Herb Found To Counter GI Problems from NSAID Use
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- PC 6 Aids Short Term Stress Induced Memory Loss
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Exploration of KD 3 Acupuncture Point - Brain Changes (Study)
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about deep vein thrombosis (dvt)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue