Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
What Is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)?
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) - Basics
Deep Vein Thrombosis is a blood clot that forms commonly in the lower leg or thigh, causing pain, swelling and discoloration of the leg. The clot becomes an embolus when it breaks off and enters the blood stream. This can lead to complications if the clot travels to a vital organ and cuts off blood flow. A pulmonary embolism occurs when the clot travels to the lungs, potentially causing severe damage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about deep vein thrombosis (dvt)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums