Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
What Is Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)?
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) - Basics
Deep Vein Thrombosis is a blood clot that forms commonly in the lower leg or thigh, causing pain, swelling and discoloration of the leg. The clot becomes an embolus when it breaks off and enters the blood stream. This can lead to complications if the clot travels to a vital organ and cuts off blood flow. A pulmonary embolism occurs when the clot travels to the lungs, potentially causing severe damage.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Acupuncture Effective for Fibromyalgia - Pain Modulators Improved For Months Following Treatments
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Electro-Acupuncture Techniques for Labor Conduction
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about deep vein thrombosis (dvt)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums