Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Delirium Is Discussed
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture Decreases Pain By 40% Over Nerve Block Alone For Pulpitis (Root Canal)
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Acupuncture for Bell's Palsy - Initial Results Vary with Age, BMI and Pain Levels
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14