Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines