Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Electro-Acupuncture vs. Regular Acupuncture for Insomnia with Major Depressive Disorder
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums