Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums