Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- SP 6 Acupuncture Point Effect on Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Pain/Cramps)
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums