Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Delirium Is Discussed
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Delirium
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Delirium
San Huang Xie Xin Wan (Drain The Epigastrium Decoction)
- Damp-heat excess with interior climbing - fever, restlessness, red eyes, constipation, possibly in severe cases delirium from high fever.
- A range of digestive/epigastric issues from damp-heat - gastroenteritis, hepatitis, dysentary, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Certain psychological conditions with damp-heat background - schizophrenia, anxiety, as well as obstructive conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Due to the "clear heat in the blood" aspect, possible usages for digestive bleeding, vascular headaches, trigeminal neuralgia, epistaxis, dental abscesses, mouth sores, etc.
- Has a broad anti-inflammatory effect, accordingly with the right underlying patterns may be used for atherosclerosis, upper respiratory infections and issues such as diabetic nephropathy.
- Generally not meant for long-term use. Once desired results are achieved the formula should be stopped.
- Not for use during pregnancy or during nursing.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums