Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Delirium
What Is Delirium?
Delirium - Basics
Delirium is a condition which causes a confused mental state and changes in behavior. Main sytoms of delirium include falling in and out of consciousness, thinking and memory problems, lack of attention and awareness, Emotion issues, Poor muscle control, difficulty sleeping and waking. Delirium can be caused by medications, poisoning, serious illnesses or infections, and severe pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Delirium.
What Patterns Are Related To Delirium?
Delirium - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of delirium generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of delirium:Blood StagnationPhlegm StagnationShen Disturbance
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Delirium
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about delirium? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums