Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Dementia
What Is Dementia?
Dementia - Basics
Dementia is a group of symptoms caused by disorders that affect the brain. It is not a specific disease. People with dementia have serious problems with two or more brain functions, such as memory and language. Memory Loss is the most common symptom of Dementia.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Dementia.
What Patterns Are Related To Dementia?
Dementia - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of dementia generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of dementia:Blood StagnationKidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Dementia Is Discussed
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Knocking Seasonal Allergies Out With Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Dementia?
Dementia - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for dementia that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with dementia:
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Dementia
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Dementia
Bu Nao Wan (Brain Supplementing Pills)
- A range of psychiatric, cognitive decline, trauma issues - benefit and clears the brain, transforms phlegm and tonifies kidney qi and the blood.
- Often used for both general cognitive decline/dementia, disorientation, etc. - but also useful when mixed with more anxiety, insomnia and/or emotional outbursts from confusion.
- Generally, particularly when deficiency and phlegm exist for anxiety, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, manic states.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about dementia? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums