Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Diverticulitis
What Is Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Basics
Diverticulitis occurs when the small pouches that line the lower portion of the large intestine, called diverticula, become inflamed. The most common symptom of diverticulitis is pain in the abdomen, varying in severity; however, an individual may also experience nausea, chills, fever and change in bowel habits.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for diverticulitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Diverticulitis Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Research Shows Stronger Tendon from Acupuncture For Achilles Rupture.
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for diverticulitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with diverticulitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about diverticulitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Varicocele grade 3
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang