Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Diverticulitis
What Is Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Basics
Diverticulitis occurs when the small pouches that line the lower portion of the large intestine, called diverticula, become inflamed. The most common symptom of diverticulitis is pain in the abdomen, varying in severity; however, an individual may also experience nausea, chills, fever and change in bowel habits.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for diverticulitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Diverticulitis Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at SP 6 or GB 21 Decreases Anxiety and Increases Maternal Attachment
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Electro-Acupuncture Found Useful for Analgesia During Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Massage Therapy Benefits for Endurance Athletes
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for diverticulitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with diverticulitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about diverticulitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia