Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Diverticulitis
What Is Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Basics
Diverticulitis occurs when the small pouches that line the lower portion of the large intestine, called diverticula, become inflamed. The most common symptom of diverticulitis is pain in the abdomen, varying in severity; however, an individual may also experience nausea, chills, fever and change in bowel habits.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for diverticulitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Diverticulitis Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Commonly Used Chinese Herbal Medicine for Lupus - Lab Analysis
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Tai Chi Reduces Systemic Inflammation in Practitioners
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for diverticulitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with diverticulitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about diverticulitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions