Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Diverticulitis
What Is Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Basics
Diverticulitis occurs when the small pouches that line the lower portion of the large intestine, called diverticula, become inflamed. The most common symptom of diverticulitis is pain in the abdomen, varying in severity; however, an individual may also experience nausea, chills, fever and change in bowel habits.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for diverticulitis.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Diverticulitis Is Discussed
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Acupuncture vs. Xanax for Insomnia - Study Finds Acupuncture Nearly Twice As Effective Long-Term
- Moxibustion Found To Improve Immune Response in Ulcerative Colitis Better Than Sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)
- Meditation Aids Focus and Brain Function
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Diverticulitis?
Diverticulitis - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for diverticulitis that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with diverticulitis:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about diverticulitis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums