Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Down Syndrome
What Is Down Syndrome?
Down Syndrome - Basics
People with Down Syndrome have an extra copy of chromosome 21, resulting in symptoms that change physical and mental development. People with Down Syndrome have mild to moderate intellectual and developmental disabilities, and are at a heightened risk for hearing loss, digestive disorders and heart defects.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Down Syndrome.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Down Syndrome Is Discussed
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Single Acupuncture Point Found To Suppress Methamphetamine Usage
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Tuina (Chinese Medical Massage) May Improve Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Down Syndrome?
Down Syndrome - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for down syndrome that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with down syndrome:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about down syndrome? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums