Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Ear Problems
What Is Ear Problems?
Ear Problems - Basics
Several conditions and illnesses can be attributed to ear problems including, but not limited to, tinnitus, Meniere's Disease, hearing loss and others. Several factors can affect a person's hearing including trauma, aging, hereditary predisposition, certain medications or long exposure to loud sounds. Two major causes of hearing loss are damage to the auditory nerve, which results in permanent hearing loss; and blockage of the inner ear by wax, fluid or a punctured ear drum.
Tinnitus is characterized by a constant or lingering buzzing, ringing or clicking in the ears, which can affect daily activity. One cause of tinnitus is Meniere's Disease, a disorder that causes a shift in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Other symptoms of Meniere's Disease include hearing loss, vertigo, feeling of fullness in the ear, and pain.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for ear problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Ear Problems Is Discussed
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Common Household Chemicals May Cause Fertility Issues
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Ear Problems?
Ear Problems - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with ear problems:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Ear Problems?
Ear Problems - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for ear problems that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with ear problems:
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Ear Problems
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about ear problems? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points