Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Edema
What Is Edema?
Edema - Basics
Edema is swelling that occurs when fluids from the body's tissue build up in a particular area. Causes of edema include sunburn, pregnancy, certain medications, excessive consumption of salt, kidney disease, lymph node issues and heart failure.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for edema.
What Patterns Are Related To Edema?
Edema - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of edema generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of edema:Heart Yang DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyLung Wind Invasion - Wind ColdSpleen Invasion - Cold DampSpleen Yang Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Edema Is Discussed
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Safety of Acupuncture During Pregnancy - Exploration of the "Forbidden Points" (Study)
- Chest and Abdomen Acupressure Points
- My Lungs Are What? Melancholy, Fall, and A Good Deep Breath
- My Spleen is What? The Earth Element in Chinese Medicine...
- My Kidneys Are What?
- The Yin and Yang of Our Diets
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Edema?
Edema - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with edema:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Edema?
Edema - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for edema that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with edema:
10 Points Are Empirically Important For Edema
17 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Edema
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Edema
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about edema? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Incence or essential oils
- Fallopian tubes
- Multiple diagnosis
- Suggestions on how to treat edema of the head and fingers
- Anxiety, neck pain, glands and respiratory problems
- Ocular migraine in TCM
- Acupuncture to rid uterine polyp
- Five Seasons when do the start and when do they end
- Skin problem Fungal
- Night body aches