Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) - Basics
Erectile dysfunction occurs when a man is completely unable to have an erection, inconsistently is able to achieve an erection, or is unable to sustain an erection beyond short periods of time. There are several causes of ED, including certain medications, damage to the nerves and tissue (commonly due to disease), smoking, physical inactivity, emotional or psychological stress, and injury to the penis, bladder, prostate, pelvis or spinal cord.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Erectile Dysfunction.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Zuo Jin Wan Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful in Gastric (Stomach) Cancer
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Parkinson's Disease Yields To Basic Moxibustion Treatment (Study)
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Acupuncture and Moxibustion Outperform Medicine (Acitretin - Soriatane) for Psoriasis
6 Points Are Empirically Important For Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
The Following (6)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan (Kidney Qi Pill from the Golden Cabinet)
- Lethargy, low libedo, frequent urination with possible incontinence resulting from kidney yang deficiency.
- Sensation of cold, especially in the lower half.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid during a cold or flu, use nothing, or yin qiao / gan mao ling instead.
- Avoid with patients that present with yin deficiency.
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia)
- Dizziness, tinnitus, possibly vertigo as a result of kidney and liver yin deficiency.
- Insomnia especially with night sweats, hot flashes, irritability.
- Spontaneous/nocturnal emissions.
- Menopause related symptoms including cardiovascular issues, bone health, etc. when arising from yin deficiency.
- Use with caution in patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
You Gui Wan (Restore the Right Kidney Pill)
- Cold extremities, fatigue, weak/aching low back, knees, waist, aversion to cold, loose stools - due to kindney yang deficiency.
- Impotence, infertility, low libedo, low sperm count, abnormal sperm morphology.
- Incontinence or other urinary issues (frequent, difficult to restrain), enlarged prostate.
- Use with caution with patients that present with damp signs.
Zhuang Yang Wan (Strengthen Kidney Yang And Preserve Power Pill)
- Tonifies the kidney yang and astringe the jing (essence), primarily for sexual dysfunction in older males - symptoms may include impotence, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and other signs of kidney yang deficiency including weak/sore low back and/or knees, weakness in the limbs, cold sensation, aversion to cold, and fatigue.
- Avoid in cases of kidney yin deficiency – dry mouth, strong thirst, night sweats, dry stools. In those cases, Liu Wei Di Huang Wan, or Zuo Gui Wan are likely more appropriate.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about erectile dysfunction (ed)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums