Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
What Is Erectile Dysfunction (ED)?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) - Basics
Erectile dysfunction occurs when a man is completely unable to have an erection, inconsistently is able to achieve an erection, or is unable to sustain an erection beyond short periods of time. There are several causes of ED, including certain medications, damage to the nerves and tissue (commonly due to disease), smoking, physical inactivity, emotional or psychological stress, and injury to the penis, bladder, prostate, pelvis or spinal cord.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Erectile Dysfunction.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Acupuncture with Moxibustion Helps BPH (Study)
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
6 Points Are Empirically Important For Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
The Following (6)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan (Kidney Qi Pill from the Golden Cabinet)
- Lethargy, low libedo, frequent urination with possible incontinence resulting from kidney yang deficiency.
- Sensation of cold, especially in the lower half.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid during a cold or flu, use nothing, or yin qiao / gan mao ling instead.
- Avoid with patients that present with yin deficiency.
Liu Wei Di Huang Wan (Six Ingredient Pill with Rehmannia)
- Dizziness, tinnitus, possibly vertigo as a result of kidney and liver yin deficiency.
- Insomnia especially with night sweats, hot flashes, irritability.
- Spontaneous/nocturnal emissions.
- Menopause related symptoms including cardiovascular issues, bone health, etc. when arising from yin deficiency.
- Use with caution in patients that present with spleen qi deficiency.
You Gui Wan (Restore the Right Kidney Pill)
- Cold extremities, fatigue, weak/aching low back, knees, waist, aversion to cold, loose stools - due to kindney yang deficiency.
- Impotence, infertility, low libedo, low sperm count, abnormal sperm morphology.
- Incontinence or other urinary issues (frequent, difficult to restrain), enlarged prostate.
- Use with caution with patients that present with damp signs.
Zhuang Yang Wan (Strengthen Kidney Yang And Preserve Power Pill)
- Tonifies the kidney yang and astringe the jing (essence), primarily for sexual dysfunction in older males - symptoms may include impotence, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and other signs of kidney yang deficiency including weak/sore low back and/or knees, weakness in the limbs, cold sensation, aversion to cold, and fatigue.
- Avoid in cases of kidney yin deficiency – dry mouth, strong thirst, night sweats, dry stools. In those cases, Liu Wei Di Huang Wan, or Zuo Gui Wan are likely more appropriate.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about erectile dysfunction (ed)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps