Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Esophageal Cancer
What Is Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Basics
Esophageal Cancer develops in the inner layer of the esophagus, the muscular tube through which food particles travel to the stomach. There are two major types of esophageal cancer: Adenocarcinoma (found in the lower part of the esophagus near the stomach) and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the esophagus (found in the upper area of the esophagus). Individuals in early stages of esophageal cancer might not exhibit any symptoms, but as the cancer progresses common symptoms include heartburn, pain when swallowing, weight loss, pain in the chest or back, prolonged hoarseness or cough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Esophageal Cancer.
What Patterns Are Related To Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of esophageal cancer generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of esophageal cancer:Phlegm StagnationStomach FireStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Brain Changes Involved In Alzheimer's Improve With Acupuncture (Study)
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Study Find Electro-Acupuncture May Slow And Possibly Rebuild Degenerative Disc Disease
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Esophageal Cancer
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about esophageal cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums