Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Esophageal Cancer
What Is Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Basics
Esophageal Cancer develops in the inner layer of the esophagus, the muscular tube through which food particles travel to the stomach. There are two major types of esophageal cancer: Adenocarcinoma (found in the lower part of the esophagus near the stomach) and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the esophagus (found in the upper area of the esophagus). Individuals in early stages of esophageal cancer might not exhibit any symptoms, but as the cancer progresses common symptoms include heartburn, pain when swallowing, weight loss, pain in the chest or back, prolonged hoarseness or cough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Esophageal Cancer.
What Patterns Are Related To Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of esophageal cancer generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of esophageal cancer:Phlegm StagnationStomach FireStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture effective in alleviating menstrual cramps (Dysmenorrhea)
- Acupuncture effect on ALS (Lou Gehrig's) in animal models
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Acupuncture Shows Benefit for Arthritis in the Knees
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Esophageal Cancer
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about esophageal cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia