Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Esophageal Cancer
What Is Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Basics
Esophageal Cancer develops in the inner layer of the esophagus, the muscular tube through which food particles travel to the stomach. There are two major types of esophageal cancer: Adenocarcinoma (found in the lower part of the esophagus near the stomach) and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the esophagus (found in the upper area of the esophagus). Individuals in early stages of esophageal cancer might not exhibit any symptoms, but as the cancer progresses common symptoms include heartburn, pain when swallowing, weight loss, pain in the chest or back, prolonged hoarseness or cough.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Esophageal Cancer.
What Patterns Are Related To Esophageal Cancer?
Esophageal Cancer - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of esophageal cancer generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of esophageal cancer:Phlegm StagnationStomach FireStomach Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Acupuncture and Neuroplasticity in Stroke
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
2 Points Are Empirically Important For Esophageal Cancer
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about esophageal cancer? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan