Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Excessive Lacrimation (Tearing)
What Is Excessive Lacrimation (Tearing)?
Excessive Lacrimation (Tearing) - Basics
Excessive lacrimation (or tearing, i.e. watery eyes) comes about when the body produces too many tears or there are drainage issues with the tear duct. General causes are allergies, conjunctivitis, blepharitis and blockage of the tear duct among others and may also arise from eyestrain. From a Chinese perspective lacrimation issues are generally have relatively acute causes (colds, allergies, etc.) or more systemic causes - what we call liver fire, liver yin deficiency, etc. which accompany other issues such as headaches, insomnia and anxiety as examples.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Excessive Lacrimation.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Acupuncture effective for cancer patients with persistent hiccups
- Study Finds Acupuncture 94.8% Effective for Fibromyalgia Pain Symptoms
- Tai Chi Found To Reduce Fatigue in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Excessive Lacrimation (Tearing)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about excessive lacrimation (tearing)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps