Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Eye Problems
What Is Eye Problems?
Eye Problems - Basics
Below are alternative and natural treatment options for eye problems such as, but not limited to, Glaucoma (abnormal fluid pressure resulting in vision loss), Macular Degeneration (loss of central, detailed vision), Optic Nerve Atrophy (deterioration of the optic nerve), and Amblyopia (lazy eye). Within this section you will find commonly used acupuncture and acupressure points, appropriate herbal formulas and a variety of information from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) perspectives to aid in the treatment of eye problems.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Eye Problems Is Discussed
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Successful Long Term Treatment of HIV/AIDS with Only Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Study Finds Fructus Schisandra Chinensis (Wu Wei Zi) Useful for Cholesterol Reduction
- Acupuncture effective for Temporomandibular Disorders
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Self Moxibustion Promoted For Use In Military for Myofascial Back Pain
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Eye Problems?
Eye Problems - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with eye problems:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Eye Problems?
Eye Problems - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for eye problems that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with eye problems:
25 Points Are Empirically Important For Eye Problems
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Eye Problems
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Eye Problems
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Eye Problems
Ming Mu Di Huang Wan (Rehmannia Pills to Brighten the Eyes)
- Blurry vision, floaters, possibly with dryness of the eyes as a result of the liver yin failing to nourish the eyes and kidney yin failing to brighten the vision.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about eye problems? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan