Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Food Poisoning
What Is Food Poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Basics
Food poisoning occurs when a person ingests food that contains a parasite, bacteria, virus or toxin, resulting in illness. Symptoms of food poisoning usually begin within 2 to 6 hours after eating or drinking the contaminated food or water, and include abdominal pain and cramps, vomiting, nausea, dehydration, fever and diarrhea.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for food poisoning.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective and Safer for PCOS than Metformin
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Moxibustion Found Helpful for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Animal Study Shows Promise for TCM Herbal Treatment of Diabetes (Yi Qi Zeng Min Tang)
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- Study Finds Acupuncture Equal in Effectiveness to Ambien (Zolpidem) For Insomnia
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Food Poisoning
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Food Poisoning
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Food Poisoning
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Food Poisoning
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Bao Ji Wan (Protect and Relieve Pills)
- Cramping and/or painful distension of the abdomen.
- Foul smelling belching or gas with diarrhea due to heat in the intestine.
- May alleviate some hangover symptoms.
- Also useful to treat food poisoning.
Xiang Lian Wan (Aucklandia and Coptis Pills)
- Diarrhea expecially with bright blood or mucus and foul smelling resuling from damp heat.
- Nausea, abdominal cramps or bloating, with possible loss of appetite from damp accumulation.
- Vomitting, hiccups, excessive belching, acid reflux due to rebellious stomach qi and heat.
- The modifications in Jia Wei Xiang Lian Wan add more movement and stronger heat clearing from the base.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about food poisoning? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Corona Virus and western medicine
- Varicocele grade 3
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge