Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Food Poisoning
What Is Food Poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Basics
Food poisoning occurs when a person ingests food that contains a parasite, bacteria, virus or toxin, resulting in illness. Symptoms of food poisoning usually begin within 2 to 6 hours after eating or drinking the contaminated food or water, and include abdominal pain and cramps, vomiting, nausea, dehydration, fever and diarrhea.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for food poisoning.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture calms stress and improves immunity in the elderly
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Your Own Saliva Better For Wound Healing Than Yunnan Baiyao Alone
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Study Shows Improvements in Mood from Meditation
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Food Poisoning
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Food Poisoning
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Food Poisoning
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Food Poisoning
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Bao Ji Wan (Protect and Relieve Pills)
- Cramping and/or painful distension of the abdomen.
- Foul smelling belching or gas with diarrhea due to heat in the intestine.
- May alleviate some hangover symptoms.
- Also useful to treat food poisoning.
Xiang Lian Wan (Aucklandia and Coptis Pills)
- Diarrhea expecially with bright blood or mucus and foul smelling resuling from damp heat.
- Nausea, abdominal cramps or bloating, with possible loss of appetite from damp accumulation.
- Vomitting, hiccups, excessive belching, acid reflux due to rebellious stomach qi and heat.
- The modifications in Jia Wei Xiang Lian Wan add more movement and stronger heat clearing from the base.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about food poisoning? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums