Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Furuncles (Boils)
What Is Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Basics
Furuncles (Boils) are painful pus-filled bumps on the skin resulting from the deep infection of a hair follicle.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for the Furnucles.
What Patterns Are Related To Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of furuncles (boils) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of furuncles (boils):Heat in the BloodLiver Wind
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture Effective for Sleep Apnea
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
- Meta-Analysis Finds Acupuncture with Moxibustion Most Effective Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Warm Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Chronic Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Furuncles (Boils)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Furuncles (Boils)
Ma Ying Long (Musk Hemorrhoid Ointment)
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching. Shrinks swollen tissue, helps to remove decayed tissue and stimulate new growth. Available as a cream and suppositories and may be combined with other oral formulas depending on the needs of the patient.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about furuncles (boils)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums