Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Furuncles (Boils)
What Is Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Basics
Furuncles (Boils) are painful pus-filled bumps on the skin resulting from the deep infection of a hair follicle.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for the Furnucles.
What Patterns Are Related To Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of furuncles (boils) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of furuncles (boils):Heat in the BloodLiver Wind
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Furuncles (Boils)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Furuncles (Boils)
Ma Ying Long (Musk Hemorrhoid Ointment)
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching. Shrinks swollen tissue, helps to remove decayed tissue and stimulate new growth. Available as a cream and suppositories and may be combined with other oral formulas depending on the needs of the patient.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about furuncles (boils)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan