Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Furuncles (Boils)
What Is Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Basics
Furuncles (Boils) are painful pus-filled bumps on the skin resulting from the deep infection of a hair follicle.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for the Furnucles.
What Patterns Are Related To Furuncles (Boils)?
Furuncles (Boils) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of furuncles (boils) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of furuncles (boils):Heat in the BloodLiver Wind
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Coffee, Tea, and Acupuncture for Pain - They May Not Mix
- Study Finds Red Yeast Rice Lowers Risk Of Developing Diabetes
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Acupressure for Angina Safer and Similar Effect to Nitroglycerin Tablets
- Western Chemo Actions Aided by Shi Quan Da Bu Wan Herbal Formula for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Acupuncture Effective for Chemo Fatigue - 10 Trials With 1327 Patients
- Study Finds Acupuncture Superior To Claritin For Allergic Rhinitis
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Pulse Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine - Starting A Modern Scientific Method
4 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Furuncles (Boils)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Furuncles (Boils)
Ma Ying Long (Musk Hemorrhoid Ointment)
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching. Shrinks swollen tissue, helps to remove decayed tissue and stimulate new growth. Available as a cream and suppositories and may be combined with other oral formulas depending on the needs of the patient.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about furuncles (boils)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums