Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)?
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) - Basics
An individual is considered to have Generalized Anxiety Disorder when he or she experiences intense, long-term (lasting more than 6 months) worry, fear and/or tension, despite there being little or no reason to warrant it. People with GAD cannot quell their anxiety, even when they realize it is not justified. They experience difficulty concentrating, falling or staying asleep, and resting; and can exhibit physical symptoms such as fatigue, hot flashes, muscle aches and irritability.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Acupuncture at Neimadian Extra Point Effective for Post-Operative Pain
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Tailored Tai Chi Training Outperformed Traditional Training in Balance and Muscle Strength Measures
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Acupuncture Accelerates Recovery from General Anesthesia
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
The Following (3)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Bu Nao Wan (Brain Supplementing Pills)
- A range of psychiatric, cognitive decline, trauma issues - benefit and clears the brain, transforms phlegm and tonifies kidney qi and the blood.
- Often used for both general cognitive decline/dementia, disorientation, etc. - but also useful when mixed with more anxiety, insomnia and/or emotional outbursts from confusion.
- Generally, particularly when deficiency and phlegm exist for anxiety, insomnia, dream disturbed sleep, manic states.
Chai Hu Jia Long Gu Mu Li Wan (Bupleurum, Dragon Bone, and Oyster Shell Formula)
- Palpitations, anxiety, restlessness, agitation/irritibility, and insomnia from heat due to liver yang or fire.
- Mental disorders such as including biopolar and schizophrenia resulting from distrubed shen.
- Symptoms of addiction recovery: cravings, anxiety, mood swings etc.
Yue Ju Wan (Escape Restraint Pill)
- An important formula for plum pit qi and related issues arising from qi stagnation (from many factors) - an oppressive sensation in the chest and/or diaphgram, gerd, reflux, indigestion, nausea, belching with a fetid odor.
- Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, intercostal neuralgia, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis.
- Infectious hepatitis.
- Migraines when the underlying factor is that of stagnation.
- Besides a range of digestive issues, the formula may be used for a wide range of psychiatric conditions including depression, schizophrenia, panic disorder, etc. when the underlying factor is chiefly stagnation.
- Generally should be avoided in cases where the issues are arising from predominately deficiency syndromes (weakness, loose stools, no appetite).
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about generalized anxiety disorder (gad)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms