Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Glaucoma
What Is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Basics
Glaucoma occurs when an abnormal level of fluid pressure builds in the eye, causing damage to the optic nerve. This results in vision loss and blindness. There are several forms of glaucoma, however open-angle glaucoma is the most common. In a normally functioning eye, fluid drains through a sponge-like area of the eye called the angle. If the fluid drains too slowly, pressure in the eye rises and can damage the optic nerve, causing open-angle glaucoma. The disease can form in one or both eyes, and gradually diminishes peripheral vision if left untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for glaucoma.
What Patterns Are Related To Glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of glaucoma generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of glaucoma:Kidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Blood DeficiencyLiver Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Glaucoma Is Discussed
- Meditation Found Beneficial For Glaucoma - The Liver and the Eyes in Chinese Medicine
- Study Explores Beneficial Effects of Popular Chinese Herbal Formula on Diabetic Retinopathy
- Meta Analysis Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medicine for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupuncture Outperforms Prozac for Fibromyalgia Treatment
- fMRI Study Shows Brain Changes from Acupuncture
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Moxibustion Found To Suppress Colon Inflammation in Ulcerative Colitis
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with glaucoma:
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Glaucoma?
Glaucoma - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for glaucoma that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with glaucoma:
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Glaucoma
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Glaucoma
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about glaucoma? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia