Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Goiter
What Patterns Are Related To Goiter?
Goiter - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of goiter generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of goiter:Liver Qi StagnationPhlegm StagnationSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Acupuncture Faster with Less Side Effects Than Prozac for Post-Stroke Depression (Study)
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Study Finds Long Term Tai Chi Practice Keeps You Smart
- What Is Your Definition of Health?
- Acupressure at SP 6 (San Yin Jiao) Found Helpful for Dysmenorrhea (Painful Menstruation/Cramping)
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Meditation Found To Alleviate Migraine Pain Within One 20 Minute Session
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Goiter
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Goiter
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Goiter
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Goiter
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about goiter? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan