Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Goiter
What Patterns Are Related To Goiter?
Goiter - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of goiter generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of goiter:Liver Qi StagnationPhlegm StagnationSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Shu Gan Liang Xue Herbal Formula Has Breast Cancer Anti Tumor Effect
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Auricular and Body Acupuncture Both Lower Preoperative Anxiety
- Chinese Herbal Formula Creates Metabolic Changes in Brains of Patients with Alzheimers Disease
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Individualized Acupuncture Found Beneficial for Gulf War Illness (Study)
- Do The Effects of Acupuncture For Chronic Pain Last? (Yes, Study Says)
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Tai Chi Shown To Be Helpful In Alleviating Type 2 Diabetes with Neuropathy
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Goiter
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Goiter
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Goiter
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Goiter
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about goiter? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines