Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Goiter
What Patterns Are Related To Goiter?
Goiter - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of goiter generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of goiter:Liver Qi StagnationPhlegm StagnationSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- One More Reason To Eat Your Veggies: Significant Leukemia Risk Reduction
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Researchers Find Acupuncture Outperforms Topamax for Migraines
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Goiter
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Goiter
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Goiter
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Goiter
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about goiter? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums