Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Goiter
What Patterns Are Related To Goiter?
Goiter - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of goiter generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of goiter:Liver Qi StagnationPhlegm StagnationSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at LI 11 May Reduce Itching and Skin Changes With Atopic Dermatitis
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Research Shows Acupuncture Can Benefit Both Cognitive Performance and Neural Plasticity
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Mindfulness Training Aids Teacher Stress
- Needling Multiple Acupuncture Points - Brain Activation More Than The Sum
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Finds Acupuncture Superior to Medication for Treatment of Migraines
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Goiter
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Goiter
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Goiter
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Goiter
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about goiter? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums