Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Goiter
What Patterns Are Related To Goiter?
Goiter - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of goiter generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of goiter:Liver Qi StagnationPhlegm StagnationSpleen Qi Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Tong Ren Therapy - Preliminary Research Study
- Study Finds Electroacupuncture Leads To Stronger Changes Than Standard Acupuncture in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Quality of Life Improvements from Acupuncture with Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Tai Chi for Balance in Elderly Practitioners
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Research - Benefits of Jiang Tang Wan Herbal Formula for Diabetes with Exercise & Meta-analysis
4 Points Are Empirically Important For Goiter
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Goiter
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Goiter
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Goiter
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Nei Xiao Luo Li Wan (Internally Reducing Cervical Lymphadenitis Pills)
- Phlegm obstructions - generally benign masses, lumps, swellings such as lymph nodules, breast cysts, thyroid nodules, goiter, ovarian cysts, fibroids, etc.
- If used, it may often be combined with deeper formulas for the more systemic underlying pattern.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about goiter? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums