Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gout
What Is Gout?
Gout - Basics
Gout occurs when there is an excessive amount of uric acid, which builds up in the body forming deposits in joints and/or soft tissues. Uric acid is the biproduct of purines--a substance normally found in bodily tissue and in some foods. The kidneys normally eliminate uric acid from the body through urine, however if the body generates too much of the substance or if the kidneys cannot filter enough out, uric acid builds in the blood and can deposit in the joints. This causes inflammation, stiffness, warmth and intense pain in the affected area. Commonly, people with gout initially experience these symptoms in the joints of the big toe, however, gout can also affect the ankles, heels, wrists, fingers, elbows, insteps and knees.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gout.
What Patterns Are Related To Gout?
Gout - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of gout generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of gout:Kidney Qi DeficiencyKidney Yang DeficiencyLiver Blood DeficiencyLiver Cold StagnationLiver Wind
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Gout Is Discussed
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Acupuncture Useful for Gouty Arthritis
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Chinese Herbal Formula Yin Chen Hao Tang Protects Liver From Cholestatic Damage
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Study Finds Wu Zi Yan Zong Wan Herbal Formula Improves Sperm Production
- Exploring the "how" of acupuncture - infrared radiation spectrum to illustrate point activity
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Gout
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Gout
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Gout
Si Miao Wan (Four Marvels Powder)
- Damp-Heat Bi-Syndromes in Chinese Medicine terms - arthritis with hot swollen joints. With the right underlying diagnosis both osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis would respond.
- Weakness and/or atrophy in the lower body with swelling.
- Leukorrhea and other heat related discharge.
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Avoid in deficiency cases.
- Generally not suitable for arthritis with cold/deficient signs.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gout? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Can you please let me know how to treat the Gynacomastia issues
- Please suggest Accupuncture points for ring worm
- Venous prolapse will call heavy legs in tcm terms
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Urethrocele in Water CF
- Bells palsy herbs
- Numbness throughout entire body
- Removing Blockages
- acupuncture points for hair loss
- Unable to locate both wrist tendons