Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gum Diseases
What Is Gum Diseases?
Gum Diseases - Basics
Gum disease is an infection caused by the buildup of plaque, a film-like substance made of bacteria, saliva and acid. When plaque hardens, called tartar, the gums can become inflamed--causing gingivitis. A mild form of gum disease, gingivitis causes redness, tenderness and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, which causes the gums to recede from the teeth and form infected pockets. Enzymes begin to fight off the infected pockets and, consequently, begin to break down the tissue and bone that hold the teeth. This can lead to tooth loss, if untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gum diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Electroacupuncture with Standard Western Treatment Found More Effective for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis than Standard Care Alone
- Study Find Auricular Acupuncture Improves Treatment Retention for Smoking Cessation
- Study Finds Auricular Acupressure Superior to Massage Therapy for Geriatric Dementia Patients
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gum diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums