Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gum Diseases
What Is Gum Diseases?
Gum Diseases - Basics
Gum disease is an infection caused by the buildup of plaque, a film-like substance made of bacteria, saliva and acid. When plaque hardens, called tartar, the gums can become inflamed--causing gingivitis. A mild form of gum disease, gingivitis causes redness, tenderness and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, which causes the gums to recede from the teeth and form infected pockets. Enzymes begin to fight off the infected pockets and, consequently, begin to break down the tissue and bone that hold the teeth. This can lead to tooth loss, if untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gum diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Auricular Acupuncture Effective for Insomnia
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Study Finds Acupuncture with Bloodletting Superior To Claritin (Loratadine) For Hives (Chronic Urticaria)
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan Formula Shown To Prevent Post-Menopause Atherosclerosis
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Tinnitus - Study Shows Positive Results
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gum diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums