Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gum Diseases
What Is Gum Diseases?
Gum Diseases - Basics
Gum disease is an infection caused by the buildup of plaque, a film-like substance made of bacteria, saliva and acid. When plaque hardens, called tartar, the gums can become inflamed--causing gingivitis. A mild form of gum disease, gingivitis causes redness, tenderness and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, which causes the gums to recede from the teeth and form infected pockets. Enzymes begin to fight off the infected pockets and, consequently, begin to break down the tissue and bone that hold the teeth. This can lead to tooth loss, if untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gum diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Explores Anti-Asthmatic Effects Of Moxibustion
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Acupuncture for Colitis - Animal Study Leads To Clues of Benefit
- Acupuncture Provides Neuroprotective Effects Against Vascular Dementia
- Moxibustion May Be Helpful for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gum diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- CCSVI and MS (Chronic Cerebralspinal Venous Insufficiency and Multiple Sclerosis)
- Post brain stroke upper limb
- Treatment for Ulcerative Colitus
- Pressure sores - 1 on each hip
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.