Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gum Diseases
What Is Gum Diseases?
Gum Diseases - Basics
Gum disease is an infection caused by the buildup of plaque, a film-like substance made of bacteria, saliva and acid. When plaque hardens, called tartar, the gums can become inflamed--causing gingivitis. A mild form of gum disease, gingivitis causes redness, tenderness and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, which causes the gums to recede from the teeth and form infected pockets. Enzymes begin to fight off the infected pockets and, consequently, begin to break down the tissue and bone that hold the teeth. This can lead to tooth loss, if untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gum diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Warm Moxibustion Found Most Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Study)
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Tinnitus Treatment - Back Acupuncture with Tuina Found More Effective Than Standard Acupuncture
- Simple Acupressure Points Reduce Post Operative Pain and Nausea
- Qigong Found Effective for Tinnitus
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gum diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines