Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Gum Diseases
What Is Gum Diseases?
Gum Diseases - Basics
Gum disease is an infection caused by the buildup of plaque, a film-like substance made of bacteria, saliva and acid. When plaque hardens, called tartar, the gums can become inflamed--causing gingivitis. A mild form of gum disease, gingivitis causes redness, tenderness and swelling in the gums. If left untreated, gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, which causes the gums to recede from the teeth and form infected pockets. Enzymes begin to fight off the infected pockets and, consequently, begin to break down the tissue and bone that hold the teeth. This can lead to tooth loss, if untreated.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for gum diseases.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Tai Chi Improves Lung Function in COPD Practitioners
- Acupuncture For Female Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Helps Avoid Endometriosis
- Tai Chi Improves Psychological Health in College Students (Study)
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Increase Your Green Tea Consumption - May Keep Liver Cancer At Bay
- Acupuncture Back Shu Points Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about gum diseases? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms