Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
What Is Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)?
Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness) - Basics
Hair loss can be attributed to several things, including anemia, cancer treatments, diet change, stress, hormonal fluctuation, certain hair products and medications, and others. Commonly, however, baldness can be linked to a form of alopecia. There are three types of alopecia: androgenetic, cicatricial or areata.
Androgenetic alopecia is commonly inherited and occurs in both men and women. In men, androgenetic alopecia causes the hair to thin at the crown of the head and eventually recede in an "M" pattern. Hair thinning is more diffuse in women, but generally does not progress to overall baldness. Cicatricial alopecia, also called scarring alopecia, attacks the hair follicles, causing the scalp to scar and prevent regrowth. Alopecia areata causes the hair on the scalp and other areas of the body to fall out in patches and can be linked to an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hair loss.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb, Sweetflag Rhizome, Found Protective Against Alzheimer's and Neurodegeneration
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Stimulation of KD 3 Acupuncture Point Effects Physical Kidney Chemistry
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Electroacupuncture Or Moxibustion Promote Sciatic Nerve Regeneration (Back Pain Study)
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)?
Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hair loss (pattern baldness) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hair loss (pattern baldness):
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hair loss (pattern baldness)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Swelling face, low blood pressure and hemoroid
- Gynecomastia treatment
- Shiatsu for Lymphedema on left leg + varicose veins
- Intestinal problem
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Tooth Infection
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue