Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
What Is Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)?
Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness) - Basics
Hair loss can be attributed to several things, including anemia, cancer treatments, diet change, stress, hormonal fluctuation, certain hair products and medications, and others. Commonly, however, baldness can be linked to a form of alopecia. There are three types of alopecia: androgenetic, cicatricial or areata.
Androgenetic alopecia is commonly inherited and occurs in both men and women. In men, androgenetic alopecia causes the hair to thin at the crown of the head and eventually recede in an "M" pattern. Hair thinning is more diffuse in women, but generally does not progress to overall baldness. Cicatricial alopecia, also called scarring alopecia, attacks the hair follicles, causing the scalp to scar and prevent regrowth. Alopecia areata causes the hair on the scalp and other areas of the body to fall out in patches and can be linked to an autoimmune disease.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for hair loss.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Found Useful for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acupuncture helpful for pain from disc herniations in paraplegic dogs
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Study Illustrates How Electroacupuncture Promotes Healing Of A Bruised Calf Muscle
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Chinese Herbal Medicines - Teas vs. Prepared Pills/Granules - Researchers Say No Clinical Differences
- Having Massage Therapy Patients More Clearly Describe Touch Sensation Improves Pain Reduction
- How You Can Prevent Cancer With Diet and Lifestyle Change
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)?
Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness) - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hair loss (pattern baldness) that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hair loss (pattern baldness):
1 Point Is Empirically Important For Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hair Loss (Pattern Baldness)
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hair loss (pattern baldness)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan