Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Halitosis (Bad Breath)
What Is Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Basics
Halitosis, or bad breath, refers to an unpleasant odor of the breath and can be the symptom of several different conditions. Commonly, halitosis is the result of an oral issue such as dry mouth, poor dental hygiene and/or infection. However, bad breath can be a sign of a more serious underlying problem including respiratory tract infection, trimethylaminuria and other conditions.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Halitosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of halitosis (bad breath) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of halitosis (bad breath):Stomach Fire
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- Acupressure on SP 6 found helpful for reducing labor pain
- Best Auricular Acupuncture Areas for Unilateral Migraines
- Comparison of Acupuncture Techniques in Stroke Recovery
- Ren Shen Yang Rong Wan Found Effective for Post Cancer Fatigue
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Acupuncture for Insomnia - Mechanisms Explored
- Qigong Shown Helpful For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Looking at the unwell can make you well...
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan (Coptis Clearance Pill)
- Dispels wind heat, clear toxic heat - generally used short-term for inflammatory conditions of the face, mouth, head - sore throat, conjunctivitis, acne, swollen gums.
- Can be a supportive formula for liver fire conditions resulting in headache, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo.
- A range of yang ming heat issues - constipation, halitosis, gingivitis.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about halitosis (bad breath)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points