Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Halitosis (Bad Breath)
What Is Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Basics
Halitosis, or bad breath, refers to an unpleasant odor of the breath and can be the symptom of several different conditions. Commonly, halitosis is the result of an oral issue such as dry mouth, poor dental hygiene and/or infection. However, bad breath can be a sign of a more serious underlying problem including respiratory tract infection, trimethylaminuria and other conditions.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Halitosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of halitosis (bad breath) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of halitosis (bad breath):Stomach Fire
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Study Finds Infant Massage Can Lower Bilirubin Levels In Preterm Newborns
- Vitamin E and Selenium Do Not Slow Lung Function Decline - Study Shows
- Study Recommends Acupuncture to Improve Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer Patients
- Vitamins and Supplements Show More Risks Than Benefit in Older Women
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
- Plum Blossom Needling and Cupping for Facial Palsy/Bell's Palsy Superior to Laser Irradiation
- Study Finds Acupressure at LV 3 Useful for Primary Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual Cramps)
- Acupressure on SP 6 effective for Menstrual Cramps
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan (Coptis Clearance Pill)
- Dispels wind heat, clear toxic heat - generally used short-term for inflammatory conditions of the face, mouth, head - sore throat, conjunctivitis, acne, swollen gums.
- Can be a supportive formula for liver fire conditions resulting in headache, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo.
- A range of yang ming heat issues - constipation, halitosis, gingivitis.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about halitosis (bad breath)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines