Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Halitosis (Bad Breath)
What Is Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Basics
Halitosis, or bad breath, refers to an unpleasant odor of the breath and can be the symptom of several different conditions. Commonly, halitosis is the result of an oral issue such as dry mouth, poor dental hygiene and/or infection. However, bad breath can be a sign of a more serious underlying problem including respiratory tract infection, trimethylaminuria and other conditions.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Halitosis.
What Patterns Are Related To Halitosis (Bad Breath)?
Halitosis (Bad Breath) - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of halitosis (bad breath) generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of halitosis (bad breath):Stomach Fire
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Get That Baby Out! - with acupressure... at home... (Study)
- TCM Formula Gan Mai Da Zao Wan Found Effective for "Several" Mental Health Issues
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Electroacupuncture Found More Effective Than Nimodipine for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Acupuncture, Pricking, and Cupping Effective for Treatment of Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Auricular Acupressure Found Helpful for Glaucoma
- Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Shows Beneficial Effect on Alzheimers Disease
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
2 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Halitosis (Bad Breath)
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Halitosis (Bad Breath)
Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan (Coptis Clearance Pill)
- Dispels wind heat, clear toxic heat - generally used short-term for inflammatory conditions of the face, mouth, head - sore throat, conjunctivitis, acne, swollen gums.
- Can be a supportive formula for liver fire conditions resulting in headache, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo.
- A range of yang ming heat issues - constipation, halitosis, gingivitis.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about halitosis (bad breath)? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- What type of treatment works best for the lymphatic system?
- Gastroisofagial reflux
- What does the constant feeling of wet feet mean?
- Liu wei huang wan caused spleen/stomach issue
- Itch after moxa at Du 14
- Maintenance Sleep (Insomnia)
- Severe (partially low) back pain/spinal bone spur
- Neurological disorders
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan