Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hangover
What Is Hangover?
Hangover - Basics
A hangover is characterized by a set of mental and physical symptoms that follow intoxication. Some symptoms include dizziness, headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, fatigue and irritability. Symptoms and their severity can very from person to person, depending on the amount and type of alcohol a person consumes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hangovers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Chinese Herb Da Ji - Thistle - Found To Have Strong Beneficial Effects in Type I Diabetes
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- Acupressure Found Helpful for Mild Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Tai Chi Found To Slow Early Parkinson's Progression Delaying Need For Levodopa
- Tuina Massage Technique Found Helpful for Depression
- LV 3 Acupuncture Point May Be Helpful for Alcoholic Liver Injury
- Meta-Analysis Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hangover
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hangover
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hangover? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Hemorrhoids and anal discharge
- Crepey skin on upper arms
- Treatment for Gastroparesis
- Pins and Needles / Neuropathy
- Thyroid nodule recommendations?
- Family member in Coma
- How to differentiate between the root cause and the branch?
- Urinary Bladder (Uncommon) Disorder
- The significance of source points