Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hangover
What Is Hangover?
Hangover - Basics
A hangover is characterized by a set of mental and physical symptoms that follow intoxication. Some symptoms include dizziness, headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, fatigue and irritability. Symptoms and their severity can very from person to person, depending on the amount and type of alcohol a person consumes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hangovers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- CoQ10 for Children with Down Syndrome - Role of Acupuncture In Inflammatory Markers
- Study Finds Tai Chi Helpful for Parkinson's Disease
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Double Blind Study Finds Dang Gui Wan Effective For Menopausal Symptoms (Hot Flashes, Nightsweats)
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Acupuncture for Spinal Cord Injury
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hangover
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hangover
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hangover? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- CCSVI and MS (Chronic Cerebralspinal Venous Insufficiency and Multiple Sclerosis)
- Post brain stroke upper limb
- Treatment for Ulcerative Colitus
- Pressure sores - 1 on each hip
- How long does it take to fully recover from yang collapse?
- Query re allergiesp
- Pigu Chi Gong Fasting
- Adrenaline and insomnia - acupuncture?
- Chronic nose/sinus problems
- Get the formula.