Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hangover
What Is Hangover?
Hangover - Basics
A hangover is characterized by a set of mental and physical symptoms that follow intoxication. Some symptoms include dizziness, headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, fatigue and irritability. Symptoms and their severity can very from person to person, depending on the amount and type of alcohol a person consumes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hangovers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Abdominal Breathing Technique Helpful for Weight Loss (Obesity)
- Acupuncture with Metformin for Diabetes and Obesity Better Than Metformin Alone (Study)
- Austrian Study Shows Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Endometriosis
- Experience Counts in Massage Therapy
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Eight Brocades Qigong Practitioners Experience Health Improvements Beyond Normal Exercise (Study)
- Qigong Helpful for Chronic Neck Pain Sufferers
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hangover
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hangover
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hangover? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Intense itching in the same spot
- issue of urine drops
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines