Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hangover
What Is Hangover?
Hangover - Basics
A hangover is characterized by a set of mental and physical symptoms that follow intoxication. Some symptoms include dizziness, headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, fatigue and irritability. Symptoms and their severity can very from person to person, depending on the amount and type of alcohol a person consumes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hangovers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Low Testosterone, Depression and the Aging Man - Acupuncture and Moxibustion Helpful (Study)
- Meditation and Pranayama Aids Cardiovascular Function Within a Short Period of Time
- Light Acupuncture at LI 4 Helpful for Infantile Colic
- TCM Herbal Formula Zeng Ye Tang Found Useful Against Primary Sjogren's Syndrome
- Effects of You Gui Wan and Zuo Gui Wan Herbal Formulas on Encephalomyelitis
- Tai Chi Found Helpful for Insomnia / Sleep Issues in Older Adults
- Acupuncture Resolves Menstrual Cramps Regardless of Treatment Frequency and Technique
- Acupuncture Treatment Helpful for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique Lowers Stress Hormones Cortisol and Adrenaline
- Acupuncture Shown To Be More Cost Effective, and Effective Overall, than NSAIDS for Chronic Low Back Pain
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hangover
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hangover
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hangover? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Blood stasis in uterus and legs / herbal formula
- recurring boils
- Female senior , Ovaries , as / if related to Brain Health
- Im an acupuncture student
- Meridian Pen / Electronic Acupoint Massager with Laser/ Electronic Acupuncture Tendon Retractor Rod
- Cold and Thirst at night
- My Spleen is Weak
- Excess body heat
- Help with Covid Symptoms
- Help for Nasal Polyps