Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hangover
What Is Hangover?
Hangover - Basics
A hangover is characterized by a set of mental and physical symptoms that follow intoxication. Some symptoms include dizziness, headache, nausea, sensitivity to light, fatigue and irritability. Symptoms and their severity can very from person to person, depending on the amount and type of alcohol a person consumes.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hangovers.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Moxibustion May Aid Crohn's Disease
- Yi Guan Jian Herbal Formula May Aid Liver Damage
- Study Finds Xiao Yao Wan Useful for Indigestion With Depression in Perimenopausal Women
- Acupuncture Outperforms Glucosamine HCL over the Long-Term for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Acupuncture Integration Into Mainstream Healthcare in Australia
- Senobi Breathing Stretch May Reduce Need for Emergency Asthma Treatment
- The Biochemistry Of How Moxibustion Aids Post-Infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Acupuncture Used to Regain Homeostasis in Acute Cardiac Cases
- Acupuncture Related Stimulation Found Helpful for Asthma
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hangover
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hangover
Bao He Wan (Preserve Harmony Pills)
- Epigastric and or abdominal fullness or painful distention after meals.
- Acid reflux, belching, vomiting with possible aversion to food due to food stagnation.
- This formula can also be used for acute food poisoning.
Use with caution with weak or qi deficient patients.
Er Chen Wan (Two Aged Herbs)
- The primary base formula to resolve phlegm damp, particularly in the lungs and GI system - cough (with white mucus), plugged ears, sinus blockage - along with GI symptoms of nausea, vomiting.
- Upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD - when arising from phlegm damp.
- Phlegm accumulation in the head symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia, meniere's disease, alcohol hangover.
- Cysts from phlegm accumulation - fibroids, breast cyst, ovarian cyst, thryoid cysts, goiter.
- Avoid in patients with yin deficiency - i.e. cough from dryness.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hangover? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums