Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hashimoto's Disease
What Is Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Basics
Hashimoto's Disease occurs when the body's immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing chronic inflammation. This swelling can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate. People who have Hashimoto's disease alone may not exhibit any outward symptoms initially, however, the inflammation of the thyroid can make the throat appear swollen.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hashimoto's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- The Inner Workings of Herb-Partitioned Moxibustion For Crohn's Disease
- Popular Chinese Herbal Formula Found To Aid Chronic Liver Disease
- Common Chinese Herbal Formula Effective Against Post-Op Delirium
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Study Finds Yin Qiao Helpful and Safe for Children To Drop Fever
- You Gui Wan Herbal Formula May Offer Alternative to Hormone Replacement Therapy After Oophorectomy
- Simple Dietary Switch for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Proves Helpful (Study)
- Abdominal Acupuncture for Neck Pain - Zhiyun Bo Techniques (Study)
- Bu Zhong Yi Qi Wan - Why It Helps With Chemo Related Fatigue? (Study)
- Acupuncture Outperforms Splinting for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hashimoto's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hashimoto's disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hashimoto's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia
- Application for symptoms
- Can blood stasis be cause of fibroids
- Spleen divergent channel
- Jin gu die da wan usage recommendations
- i can not feel the left pulse