Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hashimoto's Disease
What Is Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Basics
Hashimoto's Disease occurs when the body's immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing chronic inflammation. This swelling can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate. People who have Hashimoto's disease alone may not exhibit any outward symptoms initially, however, the inflammation of the thyroid can make the throat appear swollen.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hashimoto's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Widely Used Chinese Herbal Medicine Formula for IBS and Crohn's - Mechanisms Explored (Study)
- Ye Gu Herb (Aeginetia Indica) Found To Have Anti-Cancer Benefits in Kidney/Renal Cancer Disease
- Tai Chi Shows Health Benefits for Cancer Patients (Post-Treatment)
- Study Finds Wu Mei Wan Herbal Formula Protects Pancreatic Beta Cells in Diabetes
- Chinese Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Rehumatoid Arthritis Induced Osteoporosis
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- How Acupuncture Helps With Chemo Induced Nausea and Vomiting (Study)
- Study Finds Labor Induction with Acupuncture Helpful and Cost Effective Vs. Conventional Methods
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hashimoto's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hashimoto's disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hashimoto's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Trapped wind and bloating
- Neuropathy blend
- Chinese Medicine Lifestyle And Herbal Approaches To The Coronavirus - discussion (2020-03-26 03:26:29am)
- CTEPH-Chronic clots causing pulmonary hypertension
- Compromised immune system
- Purulent tooth root
- Iron Deficiency or Iron Overload
- Chronic Vaginal Discharge
- About Spleen 4 for cold feet and Yang
- Introduction to the Tong Ren Therapy - Energy Healing Method - discussion (2020-03-16 08:41:04am)