Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hashimoto's Disease
What Is Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Basics
Hashimoto's Disease occurs when the body's immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing chronic inflammation. This swelling can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate. People who have Hashimoto's disease alone may not exhibit any outward symptoms initially, however, the inflammation of the thyroid can make the throat appear swollen.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hashimoto's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
- Effect of Chinese Herbal Medicine on Breast Cancer
- Insights Into How Acupuncture Works - Brachial Artery Changes From Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Tongue Diagnosis - Study Explores Changes During Menstruation
- Basic Mineral and Vitamin Supplements Could Limit Covid-19 Progression (Study)
- Bloodletting Found Effective For Migraines - no not "that" bloodletting...
- Moxibustion Effectively Treats Perimenopause Symptoms - Lower Cancer Risk compared with HRT (Study)
- Acupuncture for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Needling Depth May Lead to Improved Results
- Tai Chi as Therapy for Fibromyalgia, Rheumatic Disease
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hashimoto's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hashimoto's disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hashimoto's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Nasal polyps by using sanitizer
- lymphatic benign tumor
- Auto immune disease- Pemphigus vulgaris
- bechet's disease
- Fibrosis Pulmonary
- Vagul Nervous system.
- Question about Shipping to EU
- Shen Tong Zhu Yu Availability
- Help for PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- acupuncture used to decrease opioids in bariatric surgery