Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hashimoto's Disease
What Is Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Basics
Hashimoto's Disease occurs when the body's immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing chronic inflammation. This swelling can lead to hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones to help carry out many bodily functions. The thyroid produces two hormones, triiodothyronine and thyroxine, which are carried through the bloodstream and affect weight, metabolism, skin moisture levels, breathing, brain development, menstruation, cholesterol, muscle strength and other essential functions. When there is not enough of these hormones, an individual can experience fatigue, hair thinning, weight gain, constipation, depression, joint and muscle pain, heavy menstrual cycles, cold intolerance and slowed heart rate. People who have Hashimoto's disease alone may not exhibit any outward symptoms initially, however, the inflammation of the thyroid can make the throat appear swollen.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Hashimoto's Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Awakening a Child From a Vegetative State with Xing Nao Kai Qiao Acupuncture
- Analysis of TCM Herbal Formula Xian Fang Huo Ming Yin for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Study Finds Xiao Chai Hu Tang Offers An Anti-Depressant Effect
- Laser Acupuncture Found Effective for Simple Weight Loss
- Bell's Palsy Study Confirms Acupoint Sensitivity - An analysis of Sham vs. "Real" Points
- Moxibustion More Effective Than Acupuncture for Chronic Fatigue (Study)
- Musical Gongs and Xiao Yao Wan Herbs May Help Liver Qi Stagnation and Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Study Shows Preventive Acupuncture Better for Dysmenorrhea (Cramps/Painful Menstruation)
- Rhinitis Study Finds Yu Ping Feng Wan with Western Treatment Far Superior to Western Treatment Alone
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
Which Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols Apply To Hashimoto's Disease?
Hashimoto's Disease - Tam Healing and Tongren Therapy Protocols
Tong Ren Therapy is the energy healing/medical qi gong aspect of the Tam Healing System. The areas of focus for hashimoto's disease that we would use in Tong Ren techniques form the basis for our acupuncture treatments as well. Generally you would mix these primary points with points specific to the patients underlying TCM pattern and then our tuina (medical massage) would be largely focused on these points as well.
The following Tam healing and tong ren therapy protocols may be used with hashimoto's disease:
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hashimoto's disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)
- Treatment of Myeloma
- What is Moxibustion...
- Leg health, veins
- Questions about cysts, tea pills, and liver enzymes
- Reoccurring Hypoglycemia