Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Heart Disease
What Is Heart Disease?
Heart Disease - Basics
The most common type of heart disease is coronary artery disease, a condition characterized by the build-up of plaque in the coronary arteries, which carry oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscle. As a result, blood flow to the heart reduces, and the blocked blood vessels become susceptible to forming a blood clot. CAD can also cause heart attack, arrhythmias, and heart failure. Risk factors for CAD include diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking and being overweight.
Below you will find alternative and natural treatment options including those from a Chinese Medicine perspective for Heart Disease.
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Heart Disease Is Discussed
- Lack Of Sunlight May Promote Development Of Metabolic Syndrome
- Simple Combination of 3 Acupuncture Points Suppresses Systemic Inflammation and Reduces Oxidative Stress
- Magnesium Deficiency: A Growing Problem
- Pericardium Meridian Points Have Measurable Chemical Changes During Myocardial Ischemia
- Massage Therapy Can Lower Blood Pressure
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Tai Chi Improves Cardiovascular Function in CHF patients when added to Endurance Training
- Qigong found helpful for Diabetes Patients
- Leonurine (Chinese Motherwort) May Be Helpful For Stroke Recovery
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
5 Points Are Empirically Important For Heart Disease
1 TCM Herb Are Potentially Used With Heart Disease
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Heart Disease
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Heart Disease
Huang Qi Gui Zhi Wu Wu Wan (Astragalus and Cinnamon Twig Five Herb Decoction)
- Common with blood deficient patterns for dispersing interior cold, xue bi, (blood painful obstruction), generally manifesting as numbness of the extremities. With the appropriate underlying patterns - shoulder pain, neck pain, knee pain.
- Diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, polyneuropathy, conditions such as raynaud's with the right underlying factors, frostbite.
- Facial paralysis, post-stroke recovery.
- Restless leg syndrome.
- Certain cardiovascular issues, heart disease.
Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan (Blood Stasis Relief Pills)
- Qi and Blood stagnation - pain, cardiovascular issues, physical organ issues.
- Coronary artery disease, angina and other cardiovascular issues.
- Hepatitis and other liver function issues.
- Migraines, headaches, neuralgia from most causes.
- A range of menstrual issues including dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids - particularly with pain and/or bleeding.
- Certain diagnostic types of psychological illness, schizophrenia, bipolar, chronic depression, etc.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Avoid with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Use only under direction if you are taking blood thinners.
- Generally not for long term use.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about heart disease? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Acupressure for eye strain question
- Tongue Diagonosis
- energy for the Source points
- Upper abdominal pain
- How to understand yin and yang
- Tongue -teeth mark on tounge
- Pain in stomach
- Acupuncture Point Formula for treating Costochondritis
- What is zhu li da tan wan used for?
- how can know which organ is effected in Insomnia