Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Heat Stroke
What Patterns Are Related To Heat Stroke?
Heat Stroke - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of heat stroke generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of heat stroke:Heart Qi DeficiencyHeart Yin DeficiencyLiver WindLung Qi DeficiencyLung Yin DeficiencyShen DisturbanceStomach Qi DeficiencyStomach Yin Deficiency
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Heat Stroke Is Discussed
- My Heart Is What? Summertime, Heat and Joy...
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Superficial Japanese Style Needling Compared with TCM Style Electro Acupuncture
- Study Finds Acupuncture Has Anti-Depressant Effects Similar to Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Acupuncture for Parkinson's Disease - Mechanisms Explored, Safer Than Rapamycin
- Forbidden Points in Pregnancy - Perhaps Not So Forbidden...
- Tai Chi Offers Multiple Health Benefits in Post-Menopausal Women
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Three Widely Used Formulas for Cardiac Fibrosis Compared (Study)
- Yunnan Baiyao Herbal Formula Found Helpful for Colitis / Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Acupuncture as an alternative to an epidural for labor pain (Study)
3 Points Are Empirically Important For Heat Stroke
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Heat Stroke
The Following (1)Formula TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Heat Stroke
Qing Shu Yi Qi Tang Wan (Clear Summer Heat and Augment the Qi)
- Please note that there are two formulas with the same name but slightly different compositions. One is from Wang's Wen Re Jing Wei and tonifies the yin more strongly, the other (which is the one discussed here) is from Li's Pi Wei Lun (Discussion of the Spleen and Stomach) and tonifies the spleen more strongly. Both have similar usages but are not directly interchangeable.
- Clears summerheat and dries dampness - summer colds and flus, heatstroke - fever, fatigue, excessive sweating with loose stools and heaviness in the body.
- Along with respiratory infections in the right cases certain types of asthma may be appropriate for this formula.
- Dampheat related inflammatory condtions such as Colitis are approprirate with the right underlying factors.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with symptoms of spleen deficiency and heat.
- Wtih the right underlying factors the range of perimenopausal symptoms may be appropriate - low libido, fatigue, water retention, fibroids, heavy cycles. Where this appear with spleen qi deficiency signs and kidney weakness, this formula may be appropriate.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about heat stroke? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Urinary Bladder Wind
- Piriformis syndrome
- Questions about size of needle for ear body face
- Womens Rhythm formula has other effects?
- Should I Switch Acupuncturist?
- Impact of breastfeeding
- SwollenParathyroid glands how to treat them auriculo- Microsystems acupuncture -tong ren modality
- constant migraines
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Internal Wind & Living Conditions