Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hemorrhoids
What Patterns Are Related To Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hemorrhoids generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hemorrhoids:Bladder Damp HeatHeat in the BloodLiver FireLiver Yang Rising
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Where Hemorrhoids Is Discussed
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Understanding How Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan Help With Depression in Epilepsy Patients (Study)
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Subsequent Acupuncture Treatments in Horses Yields Increased Improvements
- Tai Chi for Diabetes
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- The Science Behind Lymphatic Massage
- Study Finds Using the Five Liver Shu Points Effective for Depression
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective For Premature Ovarian Failure
- Acupuncture Modulates the Stress Response
- How LI 11 and ST 37 Acupuncture Points Alleviate Constipation
Which Acupuncture Point Protocols May Be Applied For Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Acupuncture Protocols
The treatment of conditions with acupuncture can be a complicated endeavor that should only be undertaken by individuals with a deep understanding of the underlying Chinese Medicine theory (and/or whatever system being used for treatment). There are many approaches, but generally speaking few viable approaches are involved on a point to condition basis. Rather using proper diagnostic procedures the patients diagnostic pattern is ascertained and that is what is treated. The protocols listed here exemplify some of these clinical approaches.
The following acupuncture treatment protocols may be used with hemorrhoids:
9 Points Are Empirically Important For Hemorrhoids
3 TCM Herbs Are Potentially Used With Hemorrhoids
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hemorrhoids
The Following (4)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hemorrhoids
Da Huang Mu Dan Pi Wan (Rhubarb and Moutan Combination)
- Breaks up heat, moves blood stagnation and reduces swelling, release through the bowels - appendicitis, lower abdominal distension with pain, intestinal abscesses, hemorrhoids.
- Post surgical infections, particularly in the colon and/or lower warmer.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Groin pain relieved by flexing hip and without urinary difficulty (but with symptoms similar to a UTI).
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- As this formula will cause looser stools use with caution in deficient and/or elderly patients.
- Used for general appendicitis - avoid in infant appendicitis, or appendicitis with necrosis, peritonitis and/or parasites.
Huai Hua Wan (Sophora Flower Formula)
- Hemorrhoids and/or anal fissures, bleeding from the anus (fresh blood in most cases).
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Rectal polyps.
- Rectal prolapse.
- Do not use if pregnant.
- Avoid in cases of bleeding from yin deficiency.
- Not suitable for long term use.
Ma Ying Long (Musk Hemorrhoid Ointment)
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching. Shrinks swollen tissue, helps to remove decayed tissue and stimulate new growth. Available as a cream and suppositories and may be combined with other oral formulas depending on the needs of the patient.
Yi Zi Wan (Decoction B)
- Hemorrhoids and/or constipation from an accumulation of damp-heat and toxins in the lower jiao - possibly bleeding hemorrhoids, pain, rectal prolapse, anal itching.
- With the right underlying factors may also be useful for vaginal bleeding with abdominal pain, possibly with dark clots.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hemorrhoids? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums
- Getting worse after accupressure
- Urgent help! Need guidance on Suo Quan Wan
- Fatigue and imbalance
- Liu Wei Huang Wan during menses
- Extra Point TIAN DONG, in the neck. how to know this point?
- Treatment of sudden death- grief plus shock
- Acupressure points for back pain, blue lips and numbness
- Dong Gua Ren how to use it
- Gluten allergy. Nothing helps :/
- GV 4 (in males under 20)