Clinical Information For the Treatment Of Hepato-Cirrhosis
What Patterns Are Related To Hepato-Cirrhosis?
Hepato-Cirrhosis - Diagnostic Patterns
The Chinese Medicine treatment of hepato-cirrhosis generally involves arriving at the appropriate TCM diagnosis or pattern. This pattern within the individual is what treatment is based on not the general condition (see treating the cause and not the symptoms).
The following patterns may represent the underlying contributing factors for the development of hepato-cirrhosis:Kidney Yang DeficiencyKidney Yin DeficiencyLiver Blood StagnationLiver Qi StagnationLiver Yin DeficiencySpleen Yang DeficiencyStomach Dampness
Related Posts From Our Blog
Blog Posts Concerning Research
- Study Finds Tai Chi Reduces Depression and Anxiety Symptoms
- Why Does Acupuncture Help Depression? - Researchers Find It Regulates Zinc and Copper Levels
- Acupuncture Improves Neural Function in Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion Rat Model (Stroke Study)
- Acupuncture Injections With Enercel May Help ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Acupuncture for Overactive Bladder
- Acupuncture Helpful for Maternal Separation Anxiety
- Tai Chi Helpful For Rebuilding After A Heart Attack
- Study Finds Acupuncture Effective for Chronic Tinnitus
- Acupressure at LI 4 Helps to Reduce Labor Pain
- Ashi Point Acupuncture Helpful for Acne
Formulas and Products @ Our Store Associated With Hepato-Cirrhosis
The Following (2)Formulas TCM Herbal Formulas May Be Useful For Hepato-Cirrhosis
Ge Xia Zhu Yu Wan (Drive Out Blood Stasis Below The Diaphragm Decoction)
- For blood stasis below the diaphgram - abdominal masses, liver and spleen masses/swelling, colitis.
- A range of liver disorders are possibly applicable - cirrhosis, hepatic hemangioma, hepatitis, jaundice.
- Spleen disorders - splenomegaly.
- Pleural adhesions.
- A range of menstrual disorders - fibroids, endometriosis, dysmenorrhea (although Shao Fu Zhu Yu Wan may be more appropriate as that targets more the lower jiao).
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- May be used to help expel ectopic pregnancy.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Use only under direction during menstruation.
- Use only under direction if you are taking blood thinners.
- Generally not for long term use.
Huang Lian Jie Du Wan (Coptis Decoction To Relieve Toxicity)
- Clears fire toxins (damp heat, toxic heat, fire) from all three jiaos - formula has an antibiotic function which has a broad range of uses in conditions arising from damp heat in the body. Acute bacterial infections, dystentary, fever (of unknown origin), acute bronchitis, acute conjunctivitis, UTI.
- Hypertension when it arises from fire/toxic heat.
- A range of skin issues - boils, acne, mastitis, pyogenic skin infections, gingivitis.
- Disorders of the middle jiao - hepatitis (particularly acute infectious), jaundice, H-pylori, gastritis.
- Arrest bleeding in reckless bleeding from heat.
- Gu syndrome conditions with the right underyling factors - IBS, Lyme, other inflammatory conditions.
- Generally only used for acute situations, rarely taken for longer than 15-20 days. For longer use watch for signs of damage to the spleen system in TCM terms.
- Avoid in patients with Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency. G6PD is an inherited condition usually occurring in males, more commonly in those of African and Mediterranean descent. Triggers include infections, stress, fava beans, aspirin, and other drugs. When symptoms are triggered, they include fever, dark urine, abdominal and back pain, fatigue, and pale skin. Most people recover in a few days without treatment, but avoiding relapses is important.
Where Do I Go Next?
Recent Questions From Our Forum...
Have questions about hepato-cirrhosis? Or want to discuss treatment techniques? You may reach us and our community of practitioners by using our forums